First Look: Samsung ATIV Q and its Unreal 3200 x 1800 Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Never understood why it is easier to put ever smaller pixels in a small screen than putting larger pixels on a larger screen. Like putting 3200 x 1800 on a 24" panel that I would buy as opposed to a 13.3" ultrabook whateverl that I wouldn't.

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
"the S Pen also turns the ATIV Q into a powerful tool for digital artists"
you clearly don't have any clue about what you are talking about.
sure the screen is good but it's absolute crap for anyone because the digitalizer sucks.

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
sure the screen is good but it's absolute crap for anyone because the digitalizer sucks.

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009

alex davies

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
@Maximilian Oettl - we didn't get a chance to test out the Q long enough to know how the only 4GB of RAM affects its performance. For general use 4GB is sufficient, but I do think for digital artists it would be a little limiting. Hopefully Samsung releases a high-end model with more RAM later.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Not a fan of any device I have to buy a separate protection cover for, one that doesn't stay on it and not come off to become a useless item I have to put somewhere while I'm using the device. How is that portable friendly? Making the keyboard a part of a cover that protects the screen is simply a much better idea.

Also, not a fan of 16:9, and while it might provide a technically superior screen than the Apple Retina, the Retina remains a better option for me since it has a 16:10 display.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010

I thought Samsung uses exclusively Wacom digitalizers which is pretty much one of the best digitalizer pens. I personally haven't used it, but Wacom has always been known for their pens.

Maximilian Oettl

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

it's because of the screen size, the bigger it gets the more does it cost. I can't exactly tell you why it is like this, however I know this is the reason.

You could also ask why all the phones got amazing 441ppi and why not do this for 30"? It's a matter of size.

Maximilian Oettl

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

thank you very much for your answer.

Let's hope the release date of "End of July Worldwide" is correct, because Samsung Notebook said on facebook it will come in August, and many suppliers tell me ~20th August.

elexor

Honorable
Jan 2, 2013
Give us 30inch desktop monitors with this kind of resolution ffs. I would actually find that kind of resolution useful on a large high powered desktop rig.

halcyon

Splendid

Why? To me visible pixels are undesired at ANY viewable distance. ...from 2" to 2'. If they can keep the cost reasonable, have the graphics to push it, can keep battery life decent then the higher the resolution better. I like what Apple did with scaling the image on their Retina display MBPs. I'm all for this becoming the mid-to-high end standard.

...but if you like being able to discern individual pixels there's a lot of devices to choose from.

Status
Not open for further replies.