[SOLVED] First Official Custom Build! Looking for experienced opinions!

May 26, 2020
Hello everyone!

I was recommended by a friend to seek out the opinions of this community. I am working on my first truly custom build, and I am looking for a second opinion or any tips you could toss my way. My computer knowledge is fairly low, but I am interested in learning. Thank you for your patience!

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: This Thursday or Friday!

Budget Range: $1600 after everything has been factored in. If it breaches into 1650 or something similar that isn't a game changer.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: very light gaming uses. Primarily more for creating a sustainable work from home setup. I work with several adobe editing programs. Photoshop, Illustrator, inDesign and After Effects which all run borderline poorly on my current system. Im hoping to change that with this new build. I want to be able to work on multiple programs at once without issue. When I say multiple, Im thinking about no more than 2. Photoshop and Illustrator running at the same time for example.

Are you buying a monitor: No monitor for this build yet, but will be looking into this in the future. I currently own a monitor that will work fine long enough for me to devote time to finding a replacement.

Parts to Upgrade: completely new build.

Do you need to buy OS: No, I already own Windows 10 that isn't activated yet.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Ive used PC Part Picker to assemble the build. Some parts are coming from walmart, newegg and best buy.

Parts Preferences: I do not have a preference!

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Adobe products : After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Indesign must work as best as possible. As for games, i typically play non demanding games. Usually 2d fighters or isometric turn based games like baldurs gate and the Shadowrun turn based games. I am mainly looking for opinions concerning the prices listed, whether I am heading in the right direction in terms of components, and any recommendations! I am admittedly very nervous, and any kind of advice is surely needed. thanks again!

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Its been awhile since ive made any changes to my current system. Its pretty old and Im looking to start brand new and fresh.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($499.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L12S 55.44 CFM CPU Cooler ($49.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock B365M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($120.34 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($124.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 510 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($84.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card ($499.99 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($104.99 @ Best Buy)
Total: $1554.19

Solution
Motherboard: Big NO... choose something with Z370 and Z390 in the beginning at least.
Cooler: Big NO ... recommended: Be quiet dark rock 4
Memory: Could be better
Storage: Big NO...M.2 Nvme Samsung Evo 970
PSU: I prefer Seasonic 750+W (Seasoni Prime Titanium).
Motherboard: Big NO... choose something with Z370 and Z390 in the beginning at least.
Cooler: Big NO ... recommended: Be quiet dark rock 4
Memory: Could be better
Storage: Big NO...M.2 Nvme Samsung Evo 970
PSU: I prefer Seasonic 750+W (Seasoni Prime Titanium).

Solution