[SOLVED] First PC build, Wont post

Nov 7, 2020
Hello PC world, recently I just purchased a few pc parts which were:-
Ryzen 5 3600
ASUS B450-F motherboard Ryzen 3000 ready ofcourse
Gigabyte RTX 2060
Crucial P1 1tb m.2
Corsair Vengeance RGB ram 3200mhz (2x8gb)
Corsair RM650 fully modular atx power supply

This is my first pc build yes but I've been into gaming pc's since I was young so I can assure you that my knowledge on computers is pretty good, so I can also assure you that everything from power supply cables to the front io cables were connected properly.
Here comes my problem, when I switch on the psu the rgb on my motherboard switches on but when I try and start it I just hear a click noise coming from the psu and nothing happens, no CPU or chassis fans spin nothing at all no boot, everything was connected from my HDMI to my keyboard and literally all the power cables going to my RTX 2060, motherboard and CPU. All properly connected. My 2 ram sticks were seated properly, my CPU just fell in when installing, everything was going smoothly M.2 connected perfectly as well.

After my first failed attempt I assumed my processor and motherboard were faulty I returned them and got new ones, same specifications btw and tried again but this time outside of the case, everything connected once more and again rgb on motherboard lights up but same instance, just a click noise from my psu when I bridged the connections of my power switch on the front io panel with my screw driver, CPU fan wouldnt turn, my ram wouldnt light up nothing and ofcourse, no post. I'm a little bit suspect of my PSU now mainly because when I got it I opted for an open box one which from the name you can tell it was already opened but I was assured that it would work, I bought all these parts from a good supplier so I was sure it would be fine, but either way can anyone please maybe explain what might be going wrong. I've actually sent my psu back for testing but idk if that is really the cause for all this. I can assure you that measures were taken to make sure that I did not fry my motherboard with static.

Nov 7, 2020
how about your monitor? where did u put it
Where did I put my monitor? Im not sure I understand your question but the monitor im using is an MSI G241 IPS 23.8" gaming monitor, my monitor was right next to me whilst I was building, I my connected the hdmi to it and also to my graphics card during the attempt

Nov 3, 2020
Where did I put my monitor? Im not sure I understand your question but the monitor im using is an MSI G241 IPS 23.8" gaming monitor, my monitor was right next to me whilst I was building, I my connected the hdmi to it and also to my graphics card during the attempt
yea i meant in mobo or gpu, but yea you have to put it in gpu since ryzen doesnt have integrated graphics

Pitbull Tyson

BANNED
Oct 28, 2020
As good as a rm650 psu is, it was returned for a reason.
Likely, it was faulty.
Return it in favor of a new psu.
I agree lets not make it confusing, were not trying to send man to the moon. If your getting retards with no black screen or audio looping or crashes or BSOD then its your PSU chief, not giving enough juice on the 12v rail. Simple as that.🤷‍♀️💯❤

Nov 7, 2020
As good as a rm650 psu is, it was returned for a reason.
Likely, it was faulty.
Return it in favor of a new psu.
Ok Ill attain a new psu and see what happens, thank you

I agree lets not make it confusing, were not trying to send man to the moon. If your getting retards with no black screen or audio looping or crashes or BSOD then its your PSU chief, not giving enough juice on the 12v rail. Simple as that.🤷‍♀️💯❤
I see we're all in agreement, thanks guys, Ill see what the issue it.