[SOLVED] First pc build

Solution
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Rlyrandom4444/saved/#view=jzdsXL

would buy a gaming pc every few years, but decided to build one, I feel like I went overboard with some parts and not sure if I skimped on the mobo? Haven’t built it yet still waiting on a one back ordered part. Thanks
looks good.
Butf you could wait for the next NVIDIA series of GPUs and the next RYZEN 4th generation cpus,which will all be coming in this year.
RYZEN 4 is expected to come around september 2020,but the next nvidia 30xx series is expected to come in August.
So if you really need this rig right now,go for it its amazing.
But i recommend you wait 3-4 months for the new stuff
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Rlyrandom4444/saved/#view=jzdsXL

would buy a gaming pc every few years, but decided to build one, I feel like I went overboard with some parts and not sure if I skimped on the mobo? Haven’t built it yet still waiting on a one back ordered part. Thanks
looks good.
Butf you could wait for the next NVIDIA series of GPUs and the next RYZEN 4th generation cpus,which will all be coming in this year.
RYZEN 4 is expected to come around september 2020,but the next nvidia 30xx series is expected to come in August.

Reactions: Eatonpat
Solution
looks good.
I tend to agree, and if an equivalent 3000 series GPU or equivalent model gen 4 Ryzen cost more, you could always substitute a Gold PSU. You really don't need 850w for a 2080 Ti either.

Reactions: Eatonpat
Jul 2, 2020
I tend to agree, and if an equivalent 3000 series GPU or equivalent model gen 4 Ryzen cost more, you could always substitute a Gold PSU. You really don't need 850w for a 2080 Ti either.
Thanks, yeah was searching partpicker trying to find parts and not sure if it’s been the COVID-19 thing for people to use the market for buying and re selling. But have been unlucky with some items and also with trying to get it asap because my computer went down. Ended up even buying a 1200 w platinum power supply just because I can get it quicker than the 850 lol it’s honestly a mess at the moment with returns but thank god for amazons return policy. The gpu I have a 2070 super ordered and a 2080 ti, also have a old 1660 ti. Should I just plan on returning the 2080 because of the new gpu is right around the corner might as well wait for 1300$ lol.

As for the Ryzen 4th gen, I don’t even really need the 3900 I don’t think all I do is gaming and was 400$ really good deal seemed like.

Reactions: Dj0gany
I would consider what display you plan to use, as that can matter a lot. I myself currently have an old IPS Panasonic TV that's severed me well but does not have 5.1 audio pass through, nor does my AVR. So I'm stuck with Dolby Pro Logic II in games. It also has a lot of black crush being a dimmer IPS panel, so some games I need to crank up brightness in the game settings to max.

What I'm looking at eventually going with is maybe one of the new 48" OLEDs coming out. I didn't think they'd be available until the end of the year, but LG has already announced their's will be available this month. According to info I've read it's supposed to list at $1500, but it could very well end up being $1200 or less by the holidays. Ideally I'm hoping for a sub $1000 TV, but many brands will be carrying them now. I may wait until next model yr, as it's looking like many if not most of the more affordable models will not have UHD ATSC 3 tuners this year. My last TV was a Sony XBR49X900E 49", with a VA panel. It had tons of brightness, but was far too bright and washed out in light scenes, even desert scapes. I returned it for full refund.

The LG OLED48CXPUB 48" OLED supports HDMI 2.1 (only supported up to 10 bit as that's what the panel is), Freesync, G-Sync, 40-120Hz refresh range, Dolby Atmos, HDR10, Dolby Vision, HGiG, etc.