[SOLVED] First post ever to ask for wisdom. System randomly shuts down, powercycles

Mar 21, 2021
So I have fixed all the problems I have encountered with my pc for the past 7 ish years, browsing through forums, hit and miss etc. but this is the first time I am posting to publicly ask for help. I've never encountered this and cant find it anywhere, so here goes. I have a pc now that will randomly shut down out of the blue, and then attempt to boot itself back up, but no longer then 3 seconds into its power up it shuts down again, I can hear an actual clicking sound from the psu everytime it does. My short fix is to leave it alone for a while (numerous hours) and it might boot again before a couple weeks later it will do the same. Steps I have done: cpu is not overheating, monitored it, reset cmos, clean install of windows, rollback of windows update, updated bios, resat cpu, un plugged and replugged all cables and made sure they were proper connections, regularly clean the inside of dust, changed psu. I have tried more over the while but I cant remember, even took it to a tech shop for the first time, first time I went there they said my motherboard stands weren't right, charged me for it and I went home for it just to happen again (apparently they stress tested it and all). Came back the second time, they charged me for it, and said they changed the power button as they thought it was a sticky power button (I knew that was a possibility but was pretty sure that wasnt it). Low and behold its happened again.

Note: all parts on this pc are less then 1.5years old, except for the cpu fan and 1 HDD
Specs: Windows 10, Geforce 1660 super OC 6gb, i5 96ooK cpu, gigabyte Z390 UD motherboard, booting of 860 EVO, Corsair CS650M psu and viper ddr4 steel 16gb 3000mhz RAM

Solution
You can't test if something works with something that you are not sure about if it is working flawlessly.
Using an old PSU might show an indication but it might be just as broken as your current PSU. You first have to make sure that this "new" old PSU is working properly.
You also replaced the old mobo with a different old mobo?
Mar 21, 2021
Have you tried the PC on a different power socket? Preferably one that is on a different circuit as well.

I mean if the PC is ok and runs fine at the techs place it could be your place that is the problem.
Yeah, 3 different housesthis pc has done it at over 3 years sadly...

Mar 21, 2021
But you said that only a fan and a disk are older than 1.5 years...
Because that clicking sound screams broken PSU but you said you tested with a different one.
What do you mean? Same desktop computer, Over time I have lived at different places, changed the gpu, cpu, motherboard, ram psu and boot drive. And its still happening, Had my old psu it happened on, I got a 2nd hand one from a mate to see if it was the psu that was the problem, but nope, still happened, it really stumps me. Only things older then 1.5 years are the fans and a HDD.

You can't test if something works with something that you are not sure about if it is working flawlessly.
Using an old PSU might show an indication but it might be just as broken as your current PSU. You first have to make sure that this "new" old PSU is working properly.

Solution
Mar 21, 2021
That is true the psu should be brand new but it is definately working normally, and the mobo was replaced with a brand new one. I understand its not the best one but it was bought brand new, i feel it is the next suspect..