Question first time build, 4090,7800X3d. here's my parts list. have i forgotten anything

Sep 28, 2024

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vC4VqR

here's my parts list above, ive already ordered everything above and should arrive next week. actually already have the gpu and cpu just waiting on the rest.

anything I have forgotten? (this is my first time building a pc) should all the components work together? just basically looking for advice on anything i may have no thought of when compiling my parts list. also i have 8 of these "be quiet! Pure Wings 2 120mm PWM" plan to do 3 front intake, 3 roof exhaust, 1 side intake to blow across the motherboard with the angled case vent, and 1 more rear exhaust fan, thanks for the advice.

Sep 28, 2024
What will this system be used for?
4k gaming, targeting 4k 60 and above at native resolution when possible at max graphics. also wanted a beefy motherboard to future proof for 5090 and 9800x3d

i got a lot of stuff cheaper than you would think due to newegg offering combo savings of around $55 for a bunch of stuff i got from them and then the motherboard has an additional $40 rebate if you leave a review. got the gpu for $1730 new on newegg, and cpu for $469 new on newegg, just to add a little context.

USAFRet

Titan
4k gaming, targeting 4k 60 and above at native resolution when possible at max graphics. also wanted a beefy motherboard to future proof for 5090 and 9800x3d

i got a lot of stuff cheaper than you would think due to newegg offering combo savings of around $55 for a bunch of stuff i got from them and then the motherboard has an additional $40 rebate if you leave a review. got the gpu for $1730 new on newegg, and cpu for $469 new on newegg, just to add a little context.
Well, except for maybe overkill, there is nothing inherently wrong with your parts list.
Any different suggestions would be purely personal preferences.

It will work just fine.

Reactions: randomgamer414

Gururu

Upstanding
Jan 4, 2024
Looks amazing! Since your CPU has onboard graphics, at first sign of trouble I would leave the new GPU out until you get Windows installed.

Sep 28, 2024
i went back and forth on wether to do water cooling with the "arctic liquid freezer III 360 AIO water cooler" gamersnexus showed it provided much cooler temps and even was quieter than the noctua air cooler which was both suprising to me, but for whatever reason i ultimately went with the air cooler. I dont plan on any extreme overclocking. if anything i would only use a built in cpu overclock for the cpu. whatever the equivalent is for amd of the intel extreme overclock utility that has an "auto overclock" function

Sep 28, 2024
Nothing wrong with the air cooler... I went AIO for aesthetics and less bulk but either work.

Your 6400 RAM might give you trouble. Many reports of 6400+ causing stability issues. 6000 mhz is the sweet spot.
dang, the 6400 ram had great reviews on amazon and newegg so i hadnt even thought to question that. ill look into it

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
dang, the 6400 ram had great reviews on amazon and newegg so i hadnt even thought to question that. ill look into it
Wasting money on the motherboard, 2X16GB is plenty of memory for gaming, need extra case fans at least 2 more for the front, not the cooler I would get about the same performance as some of them that cost 1/3 that, I would also get a better PSU for the spikes the 4090 has in watts.

Sep 28, 2024
Wasting money on the motherboard, 2X16GB is plenty of memory for gaming, need extra case fans at least 2 more for the front, not the cooler I would get about the same performance as some of them that cost 1/3 that, I would also get a better PSU for the spikes the 4090 has in watts.
which psu?

TRENDING THREADS