First time builder, USB ports not working

Wreckless2060

Reputable
Oct 2, 2014
I've been working at this all night. My motherboard is an Asus H81M-D Plus. After a few hours, I've managed to get everything except the USB ports working. The computer boots into an Asus screen, says it detects my HDD, CPU, all my memory, but says USB device over current status detected. Will shut down in 15 seconds.
Also, I have an LED keyboard and my external hard drive has an led. Neither of them light up while they are plugged into the front or back ports.

Does anyone know what this error means, or how to fix it?

Solution
Hi,There is no need of going in deep down of your System OS.I think the Drivers are badly messed up.Please try this : Download iObit Driver Booster 2.1 or the Latest version,Make it into PRO (Get the Key from Youtube) and Install It.Now at the First start of it,It will scan for Missing,Damaged,Outdated and Corrupted Drivers and It will get Downloaded and Quietly Installed Automatically.This must fix your Problem.This is a Safer way to Deal with this Problem.Please inform me the Result after doing my Steps.Thanks.

bharathbigb

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2013
Hi,There is no need of going in deep down of your System OS.I think the Drivers are badly messed up.Please try this : Download iObit Driver Booster 2.1 or the Latest version,Make it into PRO (Get the Key from Youtube) and Install It.Now at the First start of it,It will scan for Missing,Damaged,Outdated and Corrupted Drivers and It will get Downloaded and Quietly Installed Automatically.This must fix your Problem.This is a Safer way to Deal with this Problem.Please inform me the Result after doing my Steps.Thanks.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS