Question First time installing a support bracket - did I do it right?

jerbae

Honorable
Dec 16, 2017
Sort of, the card looks straight but the bracket sure isn't. I don't bother with the bracket, I have a slight tilt but that stuff doesn't damage the GPU. Plus a tilted bracket looks awful in the end.
That's because the support bracket itself is not entirely straight. It's quite bendy as well, I always thought they had to be more rigid.
The little guide said: make sure the bracket pads touch the GPU slightly. This is the only way in which I can make that happen.

Sort of, the card looks straight but the bracket sure isn't. I don't bother with the bracket, I have a slight tilt but that stuff doesn't damage the GPU. Plus a tilted bracket looks awful in the end.

Yeah that's how mine is too. You're not supposed to have them pushing on the gpu, just have the pads resting on the card from underneath. It's meant to support it if it starts to sag EVEN more than it is now. It will never have the force to push it 100% straight. First world problems. I just omitted the bar. I don't like the way it looks. As I said before the sag won't damage your card in the long run, it's just aesthetics.

Reactions: Phaaze88