Feb 18, 2019
Hey everyone, so I plan on building my first PC soon. I’m still new to mostly everything but it’s a learning path. Anyways, after many opinions and suggestions this is the (potential) build I came up with. I plan to use it for editing/rendering videos, streaming from console as well as PC, and gaming a bit. That’s my budget so I really can’t upgrade more. I’d appreciate your honest opinions on the current build and if it’s good enough. Thank you!
Here’s the build.
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Hipolito_8/saved/gB94qs

Solution
16GB of RAM is what I would consider the minimum for content creation. By the sounds of things your budget probably won't be able to accommodate more.

Personally wonder what RX 580 prices are like in your region. In the UK we're seeing the odd card for just under £200. If you are willing to forego the fans you might be able to get better graphics.
16GB of RAM is what I would consider the minimum for content creation. By the sounds of things your budget probably won't be able to accommodate more.

Personally wonder what RX 580 prices are like in your region. In the UK we're seeing the odd card for just under £200. If you are willing to forego the fans you might be able to get better graphics.

Solution

techphantom

Reputable
Aug 22, 2018
SSD, no hard drive? Where you gonna put all those videos?
Almost never use MSI motherboards. They have a bad reputation with Ryzen.

Put down the fans to fit a hard drive - Barracuda 2 Terabytes, and switch your motherboard to an a Strix.

Here is the list:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($164.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($90.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($61.99 @ Newegg Business)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB MINI ITX OC Video Card ($345.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA - B3 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($58.10 @ Amazon)
Total: $857.03
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-02-24 09:18 EST-0500

It is bit above budget but is completely worth it as RTX2060 is around 35-40% better in performance compared to RX580 which is a huge jump.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
I would go with something like King Dranzer posted but add 2x HDD in there too. For video editing and content creation I expect you to go through space relatively quickly. So one HDD to store content and the second one to automatically backup the data from there and your boot drive and use Windows file history or another program.

You dont want to suffer a HDD failure or without backups, I still feel one after almost 10years. I lost a lot of stuff that day.