[SOLVED] First time post! HELP! Computer randomly started running bad

Mar 24, 2020
Hello and thanks for allowing me to join the forum page!
Recently I started running into issues with my computer out of the blue. I spend most nights playing rocket league but recently it started to freeze so I would have to give it a hard rest (Via power button.) I tried using an app called minibox or toolbox to see what was causing it to crash and thought I had fixed the problem til it came back. So after fixing that issue I started getting horrible choppy game play and unstable FPS. No matter where I limited my fps it would be 10-20 fps lower. Sorry if my post sounds like I am rambling but I've never had to ask for help on something like this. I've posted my benchmark below.
Thank you for any replies!!

PS: This was very random and pre crashing I never had any fps problems on Rocket League. I've tried restoring and resetting the pc. I've tweaked the game and computer settings but with the issue still remaining. I've never been so lost before.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/25810482

Solution
Sounds and looks like a GPU error. GPU may be going bad but also could be bad power draw from your PSU. What is your PSU? Have you tested it? Also, as Calvin7 said, your motherboard does not support DDR4 3000.

I would suggest starting at the PSU as well. See if your local PC shop has a PSU you can borrow or can test.

grhand82

Honorable
Oct 24, 2014
Sounds and looks like a GPU error. GPU may be going bad but also could be bad power draw from your PSU. What is your PSU? Have you tested it? Also, as Calvin7 said, your motherboard does not support DDR4 3000.

I would suggest starting at the PSU as well. See if your local PC shop has a PSU you can borrow or can test.

Solution
Mar 24, 2020

As far as the DDR4 I’m not sure it’s just what came with it when I bought it. Should I change that? Also as far as the PSU goes I had it written down and I’m not sure where it went but when I get home I will get the spec on that and see if my friend will let me use his to test it. I just wonder about the sticks because I’ve been using them for a long time without issues..
THANKS for all the replies!!

grhand82

Honorable
Oct 24, 2014
As far as the DDR4 I’m not sure it’s just what came with it when I bought it. Should I change that? Also as far as the PSU goes I had it written down and I’m not sure where it went but when I get home I will get the spec on that and see if my friend will let me use his to test it. I just wonder about the sticks because I’ve been using them for a long time without issues..
THANKS for all the replies!!

Good luck! You can check your mem speed in your BIOS or in system in Windows. Let us know if we can be of further assistance!