Question First two ram slots won't post

Jan 19, 2020
Maximus XI Extreme
Intel 9700k
Corsair Vengeance 3000 c15 2x8+2x16 ( the RGB kind)

When I first built this system i was running into this issue same issue. Whenever I stuck a ram in slot one or two the computer wouldn't post. I seemed to have previously solved it somehow by updating the bios to the latest version. So then i started to mess around, tried to overclock, and eventually tried the bios' optimized settings. After doing that, i'm back to the original problem where my mobo won't take the first two sticks of ram. I've tried updating the bios locally in EZ Flash 3 and came up with no success. Is there a setting in the bios that could help with this?

Maximus XI Extreme
Intel 9700k
Corsair Vengeance 3000 c15 2x8+2x16 ( the RGB kind)

When I first built this system i was running into this issue same issue. Whenever I stuck a ram in slot one or two the computer wouldn't post. I seemed to have previously solved it somehow by updating the bios to the latest version. So then i started to mess around, tried to overclock, and eventually tried the bios' optimized settings. After doing that, i'm back to the original problem where my mobo won't take the first two sticks of ram. I've tried updating the bios locally in EZ Flash 3 and came up with no success. Is there a setting in the bios that could help with this?
Didn't you read manual ?, RAM should go to A2 and B2 slots. When changing RAM or their placements it's good idea to reset CMOS.

Jan 19, 2020
Didn't you read manual ?, RAM should go to A2 and B2 slots. When changing RAM or their placements it's good idea to reset CMOS.
If the ram is in A1 or A2 the system does not boot. So if i put ram in A2 and B2 the system doesn't boot, same with A1 and B1. I can boot with one stick of ram in A2 or B2, or two in both.

Last edited: