[SOLVED] Fitted motherboard no signal from d link cable plugged into graphics card ????

malibu200786

Commendable
May 2, 2018
Hello I've bought a 2nd mobo with a 2500k to start some basic overclocking .
My monitor is normally plugged into my graphics card via a d-link cable .
Now I'm getting no signal ,
Am I correct in thinking that I need a VGA cable to plug my monitor in the motherboard and then install drivers for my graphics card before the signal goes through it ?
Shops are closed so I don't have a VGA at the moment but the mobo has a HDMI tried that into a TV still no signal.

Solution
Am I correct in thinking that I need a VGA cable to plug my monitor in the motherboard and then install drivers for my graphics card before the signal goes through it ?
Shops are closed so I don't have a VGA at the moment but the mobo has a HDMI tried that into a TV still no signal.
No, the GPU would post even without driver. Try boot using onboard graphics, do they can post ?

malibu200786

Commendable
May 2, 2018
motherboards have jumper pins, read the manual of the motherboard how to clear the CMOS (clrCMOS, JBAT,....)

which motherboard is it?

It's a ASROCK Z68 pro3 a old motherboard .
I bought it from eBay with the i5 2500k already in place .
My hard drive is currently on windows 10pro ,
Which wasn't out when this board was out but they do do drivers for the board and win 10.

So I should get a display through the graphics card even though I've not plugged a monitor cable into the mobo first and then installed the Nvidia drivers and then switched the display to graphics card ?

I've just look up jumper on YouTube , will taking the bios battery out work ?

Also my psu only has a 4 pin atx and the board is on a 8 pin , it says it's ok to use just the four plugged in , but the board doesn't indicate which is pin 1 this it what it says to plug it in from

malibu200786

Commendable
May 2, 2018
clear CMOS page 26 (battery might work as well, but in my experience the jumper is safer)
https://download.asrock.com/Manual/Z68 Pro3.pdf

The GPU should be detected instantly, but maybe a BIOS update is needed to be compatible

Sandy Bridge CPUs/motherboards might not work with such a "new" GPU

Which PSU is it exactly? brand and model

The psu is just a come with case type don't know what brand .
My VGA cable has come . It is now plugged into the motherboard .
It first come on asking to enter f11 and select boot drive which I've done , windows has just gone past the " getting things ready page "
The system is now on ,. Now I just need to get the graphics card to work .
Where can I find the settings for graphics card

Solution

malibu200786

Commendable
May 2, 2018
try installing the nvidia driver from nvidia.com

did you reset/clear CMOS the BIOS and connect the monitor to the 1050TI?
get into the BIOS and select the PCIe as primary display device (enter BIOS -> advanced -> north bridge config) and save & exit
View: https://youtu.be/mFArFix9T3U?t=19

if this doesn´t work, update your BIOS to beta version 2.30 using instantflash
https://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS8
https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z68 Pro3/index.asp#BIOS

Thanks for the help , it's working now . When the VGA was plugged in the dlink cable was still plugged in , I went to device manager and clicked on update drivers then switch my monitor source and now it's on without the VGA cable in .
1 more question for you I shut it down then turned it back on and it said " resume from hibination" instead of saying which button to press to go into bios .
I've ordered a 4pin to 8pin adapter for when I overclock it

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Plug the monitor into the video card. If you have a card installed it disables the motherboard graphics or remove the video card.