Fitting an R9 390 into a Micro ATX case. Okay?

SlightlyEdible

Reputable
Dec 16, 2015
I own a cougar cougar spike microatx mini tower case. Is it okay to fit in a MSI R9 390, or should I go with a GTX 970 since it's slightly smaller and produces less heat. I have 2 120mm case fans

Solution
As long as it fits the case I don't see a problem. Also the size of the card depends on the manufacturer, not the card itself. Personally I'd recommend the R9 390 if your PSU can run it, however I'd recommend having a good fan in the front of the case for either card. If you don't have a good fan in the front just buy and hook up a CoolerMaster JetFlo (they are also available with LED colors which look very nice).
As long as it fits the case I don't see a problem. Also the size of the card depends on the manufacturer, not the card itself. Personally I'd recommend the R9 390 if your PSU can run it, however I'd recommend having a good fan in the front of the case for either card. If you don't have a good fan in the front just buy and hook up a CoolerMaster JetFlo (they are also available with LED colors which look very nice).

Solution