Question Five beeps from ASRock H110 PRO BTC+

Mar 4, 2019
Hello! I’m trying to build my first mining rig and I've been running into some trouble trying to boot.

I’ve assembled the frame, mounted the motherboard, put in the ram, connected the power supply, mounted the CPU & fan, and connected the first GPU using a riser. When I connected the HDMI from the GPU to a monitor, I could not get the BIOS setup screen to load. So I tried an older monitor that plugged right into the motherboard, disconnected the GPU, and same problem. No BIOS setup screen. When I plugged in a small speaker to the mobo, I get five beeps which indicates a "process problem." My concern is that it appears the firmware on this board is WAY out of date, it says 1.0 and I've read 1.8 is needed in order to operate newer CPUs. Any suggestions on how to proceed would be most appreciated!

In case it’s helpful, here is the equipment that I have:
ASRock H110 PRO BTC+ Motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 8G x 2 (only using 1)
Corsair HX1200
USB 2.0 Jump Drive Micro Center Brand
Intel Core i3 8th Generation
Sapphire Radeon RX 570 16 GB
Old Apple monitor with DVI connection
Old Apple USB keyboard

To recap, I can get the CPU and GPU fans to spin, and the light on the riser to turn on but I can’t get the BIOS setup screen to load. I'm getting five beeps and it appears I have outdated bios on the board. Some help would be really appreciated! If there is a better place for me to post this, please let me know. Thanks!

Mar 4, 2019
Also, can somebody please tell me if there are any CPUs currently on the market that will work with this motherboard. Been searching for 7th generation Intel chips and they are absurdly expensive. Trying to figure out if I should get another CPU or just replace the board entirely. Thanks again for the help!