Five Overclocked GeForce GTX 560 Ti Cards, Compared

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Please add in the results idle noise level. For me, noise is one of the most important thing when considering a graphics card. I bought a Galaxy GTX 460 last year with the funny cooler and it sounded like a jet engine even when idle. I ended up replacing it with a Thermalright Shaman cooler, the 140mm fan is much more pleasant to the ears.

Annisman

Distinguished
May 5, 2007
Thanks for the review, any news on any *new* 2GB models of the GTX 560 ? The only one currently available is the Palit version, which shares the same design as the Palit sonic edition card that was reviewed. Would love to see a Gigabyte SOC 2GB card...

ScoobyJooby-Jew

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
These are some pretty sweet cards. Could you put up the numbers for a reference spec GTX 470. That would be interesting to see how they compare performance wise. The OC'ed cards have pretty similar bandwith to the 470. The big powerful 320 bit card vs the smaller more efficient 256 bit card.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]MattMock[/nom]I am not sure that even dual GTX 580s qualify as a status symbol. They sit in your computer and no one ever sees them.[/citation]
you don't need to see it...you only need to feel it...wait, it's still in the case...lol

Why dont your roundups ever contain reference to other cards???? Please, reference to other cards. If the most overclocked card costs nearly as much as a gtx570, you need to show the speed difference of similarly priced cards

utengineer

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]Why dont your roundups ever contain reference to other cards???? Please, reference to other cards. If the most overclocked card costs nearly as much as a gtx570, you need to show the speed difference of similarly priced cards[/citation]
This was not the intent of the article. This article was intended to see which 560Ti was the best bang for your buck. I am sure there will be future articles that compare different cards and their price points.

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]gti88[/nom]Well, one still need to overclock to play Crysis. But who cares, when Crysis 2 is in the wild?[/citation]
Even a 8800GT can play Crysis 2.We have to change our spam to " can it play Crysis 1 ? "

salsoolo

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2008
just a question, where the HELL could you find the overclocked Asus GTX 560 TOP?
every retailer only has the standard asus version as the time of this post.

Well I understand the point of this article is to compare the different 560 versions, but it would be really great if there was a chart to compare against similar GPUs from Nvidia and ATI just to kind of show where they all fit in the grand hierarchy.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]iam2thecrowe[/nom]Why dont your roundups ever contain reference to other cards???? Please, reference to other cards. If the most overclocked card costs nearly as much as a gtx570, you need to show the speed difference of similarly priced cards[/citation]It was covered almost a month ago:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-560-ti-gf114,2845.html
Both articles have a reference card, you can compare percent differences for overclocked cards (this article) to percent differences for the GTX 570 (the past article, linked).

Taylor422

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2010
Gigabyte's OC Guru resembles our favorite graphics overclocking utility, but lacks its advanced fan controls

What is your favorite graphics card utility, exactly? I got a recertified PNY RVCG98GTEE1XXB GeForce 9800 GT 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 off of Newegg and I'd like something to control the fan speeds. It tries to stay around 60 celsius, which I think is a tad warm.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
MSI Afterburner.

improviz

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
Curious as to why the EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1563-AR GeForce GTX 560 (other than the hideously long name) was left out of this roundup?
At 900mhz Core clock and 1800Mhz shader clock, and a $249-259 e-tail price, it seems like it belongs right in this article?

mike2100

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
I'm relatively new here but any reason EVGA's cards weren't included?

FPB - $250, 850 MHz, 4104 Memory
SC - $260, 900 MHz, 4212 Memory

available direct from EVGA with free shipping since the debut of the 560

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]improviz[/nom]Curious as to why the EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1563-AR GeForce GTX 560 (other than the hideously long name) was left out of this roundup?At 900mhz Core clock and 1800Mhz shader clock, and a $249-259 e-tail price, it seems like it belongs right in this article?[/citation]Wow, are you and Mike the same person? Because everyone else seems to know that participation in these reviews is purely voluntary. Everyone gets invited, but nobody is required to participate.

G

@Crashman:"everyone else seems to know that participation in these reviews is purely voluntary. Everyone gets invited, but nobody is required to participate. "

EVERY time THD does a round-up type review, the intro mentions "of those invited, xxx sent..."--and EVERY time, several posters ask why such-and-so wasn't in the review.
(I was surprised EVGA didn't send in their card, which I'd seen on Newegg last week, but wasn't at the Egg this week. Curious, that)

Status
Not open for further replies.