Fix corrupted pc with large files

Vasudevan Devan

Reputable
May 20, 2015
Hi

. I having some issues with my pc, when i try to transfer, copy, or process, extract, install files above having 1gb size - shows error like crc corrupted, damaged etc.., so i changed my internal HDD, and bought new one buy same issues, so i check the files with my frnd pc iys working fine. For instance, i copied a game battlefield game setup from my frnd pc in external HDD and try to install in my pc shows corrupted. So i hash check the file in external HDD no errors, but when can't process the files in my pc.

Help me

Solution
From what you are describing Devan.

The problem is not to do with the HDD in your system.

The two components that need to be looked at are, your cpu, and the memory of the system.
If you get errors when trying to unpack archived, or compressed files such as winzip files or rar files.

The causes can be down to the cpu in the system being overclocked, but also not having enough core voltage to the cpu set.

With the system memory it can be down to, incorrect memory timings, or based on the type of memory you have and the speed it is running at, and also if the voltage for the memory sticks is set right.

In such a case you should remove any overclocking of the cpu setting it back to it`s factory default speed.
And when the system is...
From what you are describing Devan.

The problem is not to do with the HDD in your system.

The two components that need to be looked at are, your cpu, and the memory of the system.
If you get errors when trying to unpack archived, or compressed files such as winzip files or rar files.

The causes can be down to the cpu in the system being overclocked, but also not having enough core voltage to the cpu set.

With the system memory it can be down to, incorrect memory timings, or based on the type of memory you have and the speed it is running at, and also if the voltage for the memory sticks is set right.

In such a case you should remove any overclocking of the cpu setting it back to it`s factory default speed.
And when the system is turned off, remove a single ram stick or memory module.
Write down the values located on the memory via the sticker applied to it.

The speed it runs at, the latency timing values, the default voltage settings for the ram module.
If the module is Xmp capable. and what type of memory it is.

The two types used are standard un buffered, modules, or ECC enabled memory modules.

Go into the bios and check all of the settings match the values quoted on the sticker of the memory.
Make sure the Xmp option in the bios is enabled if the memory quotes it is Xmp enabled.

The last setting of ECC is very important. if the memory states it is ECC enabled, ECC mode found in the bios settings must also be set to enabled.

If quoted as Standard Un buffered memory Devan, you must make sure the ECC option is disabled at all times in the bios settings of the motherboard.

Because when it comes to things like Winrar, or winzip.
It will produce an error when trying to extract the compressed files from the archive Devan ok.

Also when running winzip, or winrar.
Always right click on the icon or exe file for each program when running it.
Select run as admin just in case you are required to run each in elevated permissions mode in windows.

You should find that if you take a look at the solution above.
It should resolve the problem.

If it does not.

Then I suggest that you remove all memory sticks from your system.
Then place a single one on it`s own in the first memory slot of your motherboard.

Run a memory test on it to see if it passes it 100%.
Then remove the memory stick testing each stick you have in the same manner.

If you find that one of the sticks produces any kind of memory test error.
Leave it out of your system, only connecting the memory modules that passed 100 % of the memory testing.

Then see if you can copy large files, or extract archived files without CRC checksum errors.

Solution

Vasudevan Devan

Reputable
May 20, 2015

Thanjs fot reply, i understand the problem now, i have 2 ram stick, i checked both are capable of 1333mhz but in bios it does shows 800mhz, and clk is 9, can uou help me further

Thanks in regards