[SOLVED] Fix For (before used)External SSD not showing?

May 24, 2020
Today I had been uploading some files from my ssd to google drive. Suddenly google drive wasn't responding so I shutdown my pc holding the power button. After I turned my pc on I noticed that it wouldn't turn on if the SSD was connected. So I disconnected it to turn on my pc. After plugging it back in it would not show.
I could see it in device manager but not in disk manager. It showed in the properties of the ssd in storage devices ( in device manager ) that the ssd was working properly.

After watching some youtube videos I:
plugged it into different ports
updated windows 10
ran trouble shooter
Nothing seemed to work.

I saw in Seagate website that I should press populate. For the first few times it did not work.
Finally I connected the ssd to a port on the back of my mother board and started up my pc. It turned on and I was able to press the populate button in the ssd properties. It then showed that the disk needed to be initialized. As I did not want to loose any data I did not do it.
The problem of the disk not showing in my computer is still present.

I would be very thankful if someone could help me out.

Solution
You can try leaving it plugged in and powered on for a few hours and see if it can rebuild it's internal tables.
You my not have a choice about re-initializing it though.

You really want to avoid killing power to drives like you did. If your PC was still responding to keybd or mouse you should have opt'ed for using the restart option.

popatim

Titan
You can try leaving it plugged in and powered on for a few hours and see if it can rebuild it's internal tables.

You really want to avoid killing power to drives like you did. If your PC was still responding to keybd or mouse you should have opt'ed for using the restart option.

Solution
May 24, 2020

Thank you very much for replying and suggesting what to do.
I forgot to mention that I did press restart but it froze and that is why i did that.
I will try keeping it plugged in for a few hrs and update u on what happens