[SOLVED] Flac image art not showing, inconsistent in Explorer, Win 10 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

shooby73

Honorable
Jun 25, 2016
Hello! I download .aiff files from Beatport regularly and then I convert them to .flac (for size and for compatibility with software). I use Mp3tag to update the images/information. The thumbnails are inconsistent in how they display, if they do at all.

https://i.ibb.co/h8cDgQr/Untitled-1.png

If you look at 2020_5, the Deltano folder has a single flac in it. The file has all the metadata, including the album art and it shows up in Traktor, VLC and Windows Media player. You can see the art doesn't show in the folder nor on the file itself. Compare that to the Bardall folder. All 4 flacs have the image art, and the folder dislays the art as well as the fact that there are multiple files within. There are other folders with single files within that show album art without using a 'folder.jpg' (but that is the only way that the art appears for the Deltano folder).

Compare that to 2020_6 where none of the flac files display images at all. The folders that do have images are using 'folder.jpg'.

I have been creating files this way for years now, always using the same software. I don't know why 2020_5 has mixed results, and 2020_6 is consistent, but not in the way I would like. I want my folders to act like the Bardall folder: no 'folder.jpg', all the files have images, and the folder shows multiple images representing multiple files within.

I did recently switch from Win7 to Win10. I think that 2020_5 was pre-win10, and 2020_6 is post?

Ah! Something irritating happened as I was typing this out: I have another folder on a totally different hard drive containing flac and mp3 files (old and new). I picked a folder displaying a cover image and inside the flac had the image displaying as well. The folder also had the 'folder.jpg' inside. I cut and pasted the jpg to the desktop and immediately the flac lost its image thumbnail (but the image is still encoded, it shows on media players). I put the jpg back in, and the flac did not re-display the image.

Not sure what is going on here, hope someone has an idea. Thanks for reading.

shooby73

Honorable
Jun 25, 2016
New/lateral issue: Mp3s images aren't showing up correctly. One of my folders containing them decided to stop showing album artwork almost before the letter L? All mp3s before "KKMK" have thumbnails, all the remaining after do not. Every mp3 file that does not show a thumbnail has been tagged/modified with Mp3tag by me with album art, label, etc... (if they needed it. Most did not and all worked fine just a couple days ago.)

https://ibb.co/QCq5wcj

No ideas on any of this? Sigh.

Last edited:

shooby73

Honorable
Jun 25, 2016
Are any of the files hosted on Onedrive or backed up to Onedrive as there is a issue where you only see the blank folder

try resetting indexing to see if that helps - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-options/bcb010b5-3779-4172-b339-a5a723337412

Sorry I missed this response. I don't use onedrive. I eventually figured it out: Streamlabs OBS was the cause. Not sure why a streaming software would be the issue for file images but as soon as I uninstalled it, things went back to (mostly) normal. Weird

Status
Not open for further replies.