Flash bios problem

larrybeast12

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018
I’m trying to update my motherboards bios. I already have my files on my flash drive but everytime I try to boot to it, the computer tells me “invalid partition table. How can I fix it?

Without system details nobody ca even guess !!!
It depends on MB, BIOS and the way it's supposed to work. On newer systems you don't have to BOOT from it but go in BIOS and do it from there.
Also check manual and make sure you follow it to a "T". Also make sure that you have right BIOS file for exact MB, including version.

mazboy

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
As important question is why, exactly, you are trying to update your BIOS. Does the new BIOS promise to fix a problem with you specific motherboard, or are you just updating because it's there? Old Confucius Saying: if not broke, can't fix...

larrybeast12

Prominent
Jan 18, 2018

Sorry my motherboard is old, it comes from a Aspire t180 which came out in 2007. But the motherboard is a MCP61SM-AM. I’m trying to update the bios that’s why I’m trying to boot to the usb but everytime I do I get a invalid partition table error after it says verifying DMI pool or something. And if your wondering, I don’t have a easier way to flash I have to boot from usb. It’s been like this for a long time now, i had to install windows from a disc instead of a usb now. Another thing I have a problem is that I bought a Phenom x9650 cpu to upgrade my Athlon 3800+. But when I turn the pc on with the new cpu it doesn’t show a display, but all the lights come on.