Flash drive file transfer problem

Exodias3219

Reputable
Jun 30, 2016
I have trouble transferring huge files from my computer's HDD to my flash drive because whenever i transfer files it is sometimes stuck at Speed: 0MB/s. I had to click the pause button then click it again for the process to take place again. I am using a generic USB Hub 2.0 and a Cruzer Orbit 8gb flash drive. It is still the same for other flash drives that I had.Thanks!

here:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5Y5UwLQpZXScWo1YkhaRnZKb2s

huge files like 8gb and above but when I transfer like 2gb below it's just on its normal speed

Solution
Hi there Exodias3219,

What is the file format of the flash drives? You can check that out in Disk Management.
If it is FAT32, you can back up the data stored on them, reformat it to NTFS and see if the issue persists.
The issue you are facing could be related to the limitations of FAT 32. (4 GB maximum file size)

Let us know how this goes,
D_Know_WD :)
Hi there Exodias3219,

What is the file format of the flash drives? You can check that out in Disk Management.
If it is FAT32, you can back up the data stored on them, reformat it to NTFS and see if the issue persists.
The issue you are facing could be related to the limitations of FAT 32. (4 GB maximum file size)

Let us know how this goes,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution