Flash drive wont show up in my computer

thehiddenenigma

Reputable
Sep 2, 2015
When I connect my flash drive it makes the sound that it's plugged in but it doesent show up in "My Computer" or in "Disk Management" It shows up on my smart tv and I can't check with other computer plus I checked on "HFSExplorer" and it doesent show up there and i dont what to do anymore D: Other drives do show up on my computer.

Solution
Hey there, thehiddenenigma.

Do you need data recovered from it, or you just want to make it work on your computer? If you need data, unfortunately, the best way would be to try it with another computer, to see if it's recognized so that you can backup your files. So you'd probably have to find another computer somehow. On the other hand, if you don't need to recover data you could try reformatting the flash drive, by using DISKPART - http://www.doztech.net/howto/format-your-flash-drive-with-diskpart/, to see if it's properly recognized after that. You could also try to uninstall it from Device Manager and reconnect it afterwards so that Windows can reinstall its drivers again, to see if that fixes the issue. Try it with different USB...
Hey there, thehiddenenigma.

Do you need data recovered from it, or you just want to make it work on your computer? If you need data, unfortunately, the best way would be to try it with another computer, to see if it's recognized so that you can backup your files. So you'd probably have to find another computer somehow. On the other hand, if you don't need to recover data you could try reformatting the flash drive, by using DISKPART - http://www.doztech.net/howto/format-your-flash-drive-with-diskpart/, to see if it's properly recognized after that. You could also try to uninstall it from Device Manager and reconnect it afterwards so that Windows can reinstall its drivers again, to see if that fixes the issue. Try it with different USB ports as well.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

Solution