Flash Killer? Crossbar Reveals New Disruptive Class of RRAM

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sergeyn

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
I wish I'd be that guy who had invented this. (Damn, Toms, when will we have a luxury of having an "edit" feature ???)

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
"ACCCKKK!!!!! They are privately held..."

the first thing i did was check that...lol... who knows, maybe theyll go public. wouldn't be a bad idea, not for me or them!

izmanq

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
hmm, it's read time is slow, 17 MB/sec ? it about the speed of normal HDD, even less than, but still other advantage is still cool :D i hope they sell it cheap

knightmike

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009

Its read speed is 140 MB/s. Its Async read speed is 17 MB/s compared to 0.04 MB/s of NAND flash.

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
Wow this makes it possible to have a phone with:
- a complete nav map on it - no need to DL in real time.
- your entire AV collection (ok, maybe just your favorites and not counting Parrish's Apple-pr0n collection ;)
- sufficient space for hours of recorded video
- agent-cached web content from your favorite sites and feeds

I can't think of anything else people might need to store and carry that measures into the TB range, aside from very complex work products that they want to work on at home.

Intel should make sure they put their AES-NI tech into every mobile-targeted chip they make, because that could be a distinguishing factor when you have this much valuable data on a mobile device.

Status
Not open for further replies.