[SOLVED] Flashing a prebuilt Acer Predator G3-710 to unlock BIOS overclocking options

purplefire

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
Hey there Tom's Hardware!

I've got this prebuilt machine with a locked BIOS and I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not it would be possible to simply flash it with a different BIOS so that I can access the voltage and timings pages.

It has a G3-710 mainboard with an i7 6700; there is a lot of overhead potential in this CPU from what I've read.

My old machine was custom and I've never flashed a pre-build before so I wasn't sure if the G3-710 would support it or what to even flash it with, being an Acer product that I feel is aimed at pre-built rigs.

I was also unsure whether I would be able to continue using my computer as normal after a BIOS flash or if I would have to reinstall Windows for some reason.

I know I'm probably asking a lot but if I can squeeze anything more out of this thing without spending any more money right now that would be great.

Thanks for your time guys, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Solution

I've got this prebuilt machine with a locked BIOS and I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not it would be possible to simply flash it with a different BIOS so that I can access the voltage and timings pages.

It has a G3-710 mainboard with an i7 6700; there is a lot of overhead potential in this CPU from what I've read.

My old machine was custom and I've never flashed a pre-build before so I wasn't sure if the G3-710 would support it or what to even flash it with, being an Acer product that I feel is aimed at pre-built rigs.

I was also unsure whether I would be able to continue using my computer as normal after a BIOS flash or if I would have to reinstall Windows for some reason.

I know I'm...

I know I'm probably asking a lot but if I can squeeze anything more out of this thing without spending any more money right now that would be great.

Thanks for your time guys, any input would be greatly appreciated.
The only thing on really finding on it is it's a b150 series board and "minute" like "1n1000" have been able to use it's bios to unlock their boards. But other then that you will have to find a hacked bios. And either way may end up bricking the board

Solution