[SOLVED] Flashing an older BIOS?

BazmanFoo

Commendable
Oct 22, 2019
Hi there,

I have a 2nd had motherboard (all PC specs below). I see on the ASRock website they say "ASRock do NOT recommend updating this BIOS if Pinnacle, Raven, Summit or Bristol Ridge CPU is being used on your system" from verison 6.00 onwards. Is it possible for me to flash v5.70 or will this cause issues?

I am getting random system crashes despite no overclocking in certain games and trying to find a solution.

Ryzen 5 1600X
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 ITS gaming
ASRock RX580 8GB
2x8GB 3200 Corsair Vengence LPX
beQuiet 400W PSU

Solution
You should not mess with the BIOS(I meant downgrading it, you can tinker with BIOS settings all you want) once you've updated it. Also, the issues you're facing is due to a lack of power for the entire build. You should have a reliably built 650W PSU at your entire system's disposal, not 400W.

Lutfij

Titan
You should not mess with the BIOS(I meant downgrading it, you can tinker with BIOS settings all you want) once you've updated it. Also, the issues you're facing is due to a lack of power for the entire build. You should have a reliably built 650W PSU at your entire system's disposal, not 400W.

Solution

BazmanFoo

Commendable
Oct 22, 2019
Ok thanks. PC Part Picker tells me 400W should be enough for all of my components but I have just bought a Corsair 650W PSU on Amazon & hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Thanks