[SOLVED] Flashing the GPU bios failed ?

Feb 27, 2023
my specs:
windows 10 64bit
gpu: gigabyte rx 5700 xt (no dual bios)
cpu: i3-10105F (dont have integrated graphics)
motherboard: gigabyte H410M S2H V3 (1 gpu slot)

i flashed rx 5700 xt bios, and now there is no picture on the monitor when i turn on the pc.
rgb lights on the side of the gpu are on

i have old working bios
i have second working gpu, gt 1030
i have usb flash drive

what can i do to reflash it to the old working bios?

Solution
With your parts? It can't be done.
Cheapest way would be to buy cheap CPU that has integrated graphics and use that to get display with botched GPU, then flash it again. The other option is to buy a motherboard that has multiple x16 slots allowing you to put both of your GPUs at the same time.
This is why you don't flash the BIOS on graphics cards. It's not a motherboard. There are VERY limited reasons to flash the BIOS on a graphics card and NONE of them are officially supported by the manufacturers. NONE of the manufacturers, unless THEY specifically tell you to do so in order to correct a hardware problem. And that, I've seen maybe two or three times in more than 35 years. The rest of the time it is almost ALWAYS a "don't do this unless you are trying to "this", and by "this" they meant, mine. Once you've flashed something, if it fails, you are USUALLY sh!$ out of luck. If there is ANY official way to recover the BIOS you will need to contact the manufacturer and POSSIBLY even send it back to them which undoubtedly will cost you something since they clearly did not advise you to do it in the first place.

In the future, if it's not a motherboard and even then, if it's not an "official" BIOS release, don't be stupid. Not that you are stupid, but when you do a thing with no idea how to recover from it if something goes wrong, then you ARE being stupid. Period.

Reactions: Tac 25
Cheapest way would be to buy cheap CPU that has integrated graphics and use that to get display with botched GPU, then flash it again. The other option is to buy a motherboard that has multiple x16 slots allowing you to put both of your GPUs at the same time.

Reactions: Kenai07
Solution
Feb 27, 2023
thats what i thought ;/ , with pcie cables pluged into card, it doesnt boot to windows, gpu fans spin, with pcie cables not pluged into card, it does boot to windows just with sound no video, gpu fans dont spin, and adapter not found with amdvbflash -i