Question Flashing the second GPU in my system

Tok Tok

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
Hi,

I have a 3080 card which gives me a code 62 error on the motherboard when booting, so I want to see if flashing the bios will fix this. The only problem is that my computer won't boot into windows with the card, so I added another card to boot and that works but when I try to flash the bios with nvflash I don't know how to specify the GPU I want to flash. I think it takes the default GPU as the one it's going to flash while I need the second one to be flashed. How can I specify this?

Thanks.

-Joe

Tok Tok

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
Thanks, I just found that out as well. The problem now is that GPUz sees my second GPU but when I check with nvflash with the --list command is does not detect the second 3080 card. So I can't flash it. Any ideas on how I can solve this?

EDIT: never mind now it does see it, the card is not working well I guess

Tok Tok

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
Now I'm getting this error. For some reason the card is not being detected by program.

2023-02-16-11-34-30-Chrome-Remote-Desktop-Render-Node-02.png

Tok Tok

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2015
When I try this I get an error saying that I might need to restart the system before running the utility. I do this but it doesnt help so I think there something else going on.

I also came across this very old post saying you can replace the bios with a VGA bios. But I can't find which vga bios I should put on my Inno3d iChill. Any recommendations on this?

If this doesn't work I think I need to order a new bios with the right firmware on and replace it.