Flickering black lines/boxes appearing on certain application

BlazingGear

Honorable
Sep 18, 2012
I have had this problem for awhile now, but couldn't really found any anyone to help until I found this forum today.

Below are some screenshots of what my problem looks like:

6nQf8.png

707Ky.png

0GXQm.jpg

U0zcz.png

Sometimes when I scrolled the page down, those flickering lines will mess the screen even worse like my 2nd picture - blurring and destroying text/content on the page rendering them near unreadable.

I don't know exactly when it will start, or when it will end, it just seems to appear out of random most of the time...

At first it was just Firefox, and when it happened I also tried opening IE, Opera, or Chrome immediately to see if the same thing happens, but they all worked fine. So I thought maybe it was only Firefox's problem, until recently this problem started to appear when I'm using Windows Live Messenger too.

On a side note, I have also been experiencing the "AMD display driver has stopped responding and has recovered" issue, so I had wondered maybe my graphic driver was corrupted and caused the problem, and then did clean uninstall of the driver several times including using Driver Sweeper, but the above two issues still remain.

I'm using Windows 7 64 bits and my graphic card is Gigabyte's 1GB GDDR5 HD 6850 (GV-R685OC-1GD), and I just got my computer and graphic new only about 3 months ago.

If I'm missing telling certain info, please tell me and I'll update them as soon as possible, thanks.

PL2012

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
I have similar problem with Windows 8 and firefox.

IMHO CCC or firefox have bug. I (in may 7870) rise memory clock over standard 1200 mhz to 1205 mhz its help but...

..when firefox start use hardwere 2D aceleration CCC decline memory cloc to standrad 1200 mhz and broblem back.