Question Flickering Black Squares when playing games 3080 Tuf OC

Shadow336

Honorable
Oct 12, 2014
So just recently my power in my house started flickering from some strong winds and before this my 3080 tuf oc was fine but now I'm seeing these black squares flicking in game. Is my gpu damaged? Or is there a way to fix this? I legit barely just got this gpu less than a month ago and its been running flawlessly up until now. Video You can see it mainly in the top left and then more so once I turn around.

My Specs:
5900x stock cooled with aio temps are fine
3080tuf oc stock temps are max 67c
32gb of trident z royale

okjak808

Honorable
Feb 23, 2018
Most say that this could be a driver issue, or more of the game itself. I see you also posted this on Linus forums and one replied to as a driver issue.

Im not saying he’s wrong but maybe he could be right. The thing is that you’ve only been experiencing this issue since that power issue within your household. My suspect is that this could maybe be a power issue here that might’ve gone through your PSU’s protections.

then again try do what the person said, do a DDU on the card instal the latest drivers, or maybe the 1st drivers that came with that card.

besides apex legends are you also experiencing this issue with other games as well, if not then what the person said earlier that “apex legends is known to have texture issues with 20 series cards.”

but in this case I would say 30 series as well.

Shadow336

Honorable
Oct 12, 2014
Most say that this could be a driver issue, or more of the game itself. I see you also posted this on Linus forums and one replied to as a driver issue.

Im not saying he’s wrong but maybe he could be right. The thing is that you’ve only been experiencing this issue since that power issue within your household. My suspect is that this could maybe be a power issue here that might’ve gone through your PSU’s protections.

then again try do what the person said, do a DDU on the card instal the latest drivers, or maybe the 1st drivers that came with that card.

besides apex legends are you also experiencing this issue with other games as well, if not then what the person said earlier that “apex legends is known to have texture issues with 20 series cards.”

but in this case I would say 30 series as well.
Yeah I am also experiencing this with other games as well. I tried with Halo MCC and Rimworld and both have the same little black squares flickering. I will try DDU and see if it does anything.

Edit:
After using ddu and trying with older drivers and newer it still does the same thing.

Last edited: