Flickering edges/jagged lines in all games.

BasicHunter

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Hello. I have flickering edges in all of my games. Whenever I move the camera, the start to blink/flick, which is very annoying and makes some games completely unplayable. I have no idea what to do. I have tried forcing anti-aliasing in the nvidia settings, played with them around for some hours, nothing changes. The in-game AA also doesn't affect anything. At the moment I am playing sniper elite 2, and it is very noticable, especially when moving. Games like diablo 3 mostly have jagged lines, yet I have AA on max.

Im using the asus gtx 660 oc. I have tried diffirent monitors with diffirent resolutions, still the same. Reinstalled windows, tried diffirent drivers.

An example of sniper elite 2:

28a5fcz.jpg

Looks like aliasing. Antialiasing is the only thing to help alleviate this, but it never goes away completely. Some types of AA work better than others. To get rid of everything, SSAA is the most thorough, but it is rarely included in the game options as it is extremely demanding.

Downsampling can also be helpful, as it is basically the same thing as Order Grid SSAA.

FXAA, MLAA and SMAA can help a little, but cause a lot more blurring than SSAA.

The reality is, because monitors have fixed pixels, it is impossible to not get some aliasing.