Question Flickering Issue, Graphics Card or Monitor issue.

geepondy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2006
I have a win10 system (Intel 7500) with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 graphics card. I recently changed monitors from an old 16:10 24" HP at 1920x1200 to a LG 32QN55T 32" QHD monitor which runs 2560x1440 (Costco special). I also have the text size set for 150% if that makes a difference. Now with new configuration the monitor flickers/flashes but only in random isolated areas, not the whole display at once and only when there is motion or I've just stopped motion such as scrolling, moving the mouse around. If the image is static then it is ok so like a refresh issue maybe. Any ideas what is causing this? Do I have a faulty monitor? Something in my settings? I downloaded and installed the latest Nvidia drivers but it didn't make a difference. I changed the refresh rate from the default of 60hz to 75 Hz (74 point something) and if anything it makes the problem more pronounced. I do like the new monitor for what it is so I would like to solve the problem. Thanks for any insight.

breadian

Prominent
Oct 29, 2020
It could be an issue with your new monitor, if everything was fine with your old monitor. You can try the new monitor on a different PC/laptop, see if it works on them.