[SOLVED] Flickering white dot thingies

Aug 25, 2019
These white dots have been appearing on my screen for a while, it happens in dark areas and they look more like boxes with 2 lines (like ||). They also appear in light spaces. Usually when I'm using my pc for something but also when I alt tab. If I have a non full screen window and I can see the other window in the background, they appear everywhere. I've updated drivers, changed resolution, un-upgraded drivers, etc, and it keeps appearing. I have a laptop, and it doesn't appear on the laptop screen. It only appears on the monitor screen.

Specs:
i7 7700k
gtx 1050ti
8gb ram

if you need any other specs just ask.

here is an image:
View: http://imgur.com/gallery/yMb0nA7

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps

Aug 25, 2019
If you don't see it on the actual laptop screen bit only on an external monitor have you tried a different monitor or HDMI cable?
i used to use a different monitor. upgraded a while ago to a 1440p 144hz monitor, but it wouldnt work with hdmi so i use a usb c to display port converter and that does the trick. i set the resolution to 1080p but it hasnt made much difference. it didnt happen on the old monitor, and i cant remember if it happened on this monitor before i got the usb c to display port converter.