Flight Sim 9

G

I want to upgrade my geforce8500gt for Inspiron 530 regular size.thank you

Solution

According to your answer you have MT Inspiron, you just wasted your money for power supply for 7750 - it actually uses only 55 watt supplied by PCIE slot, so if you want to save a few bucks, you can return new power supply and use old one with the same results.
I can not find recommended requirements for FS9, but CPU wise you should pass easily, how is the game now, I mean FPS, is it choppy.
Without going into details you can NVIDIA GTX 650 (FSX reported to behave better with NVIDIA, than with ATI)
This ASUS GTX650-E-1GD5 GeForce GTX 650 1GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121710 card will work on your existing power supply, do you have Mini Tower

Check the picture below, it is not yours PC but similar, tell me which form factor you have

inspiron545formfactors.jpg

If it is MT, my recommendation above is excellent, if it is Slim, you need low profile card.

Since you are using old PC and old Flight Simulator, I would recommend upgrading one part at the time, because next would be CPU.

Anything else I can help you with?

G

I thank you for your response.

I've bought a 430w PSU and Radeon hd7750.I went from 5 FPS to 35.

By the way I prefer FS9 TO FSX,question of taste I guess.

Thanks

Bob

According to your answer you have MT Inspiron, you just wasted your money for power supply for 7750 - it actually uses only 55 watt supplied by PCIE slot, so if you want to save a few bucks, you can return new power supply and use old one with the same results.

Solution