Question Floaty, delayed cursor movement only in games

HabosKacsa

Prominent
Dec 7, 2019
So the thing is that in windows everything is normal, but when I launch a game, like GTA V, or AC III my mouse cursor becomes delayed, floaty or I experience a lot of latency. However not in every game, for example it's not happening in AC Odyssey. I have had this problem since I first booted my pc, however since then I upgraded some parts, to see what the reason could be. Things that I've changed or tried so far: Motherboard, Graphics card, RAM, CPU. The parts that haven't been changed are my HDDs, and my PSU. I've also tried using a different mouse, but the issue didn't go away. Mouse accel is off, FPS is good so I think that these can't be the reason behind it.

My specs atm are : GPU: ASUS GTX 1060 6gb, CPU: i5 9600k, MB: Asrock z370m Pro4, PSU: be quiet 630W Bronze (around 7yrs old), HDD: WD Caviar Blue 3.5 1TB 7200rpm 64MB SATA3 and I've got a 500GB one with Windows 10 on, RAM 24GB 1600mhz DDR4 and my mouse to be sure: Logitech g502.

-edit: disabling v-sync definitely helps, but doesn't fix the problem itself
tried a different monitor, didn't help

Any ideas, or tips are appreciated
Peti

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
The 24gb of ram seems to be mixed sets which might give problems, would only use 2x8b and see if this helps. Would maybe be good to do a clear cmos and then set XMP again after the other two sticks are out (assuming 2x4gb ram added).

In all honesty, might well still be good, but a 7 year old Bequiet psu is something i'd be looking to upgrade.

HabosKacsa

Prominent
Dec 7, 2019
Yeah, I'm a bit worried about my psu too, but I hope, it isn't responsible for the cursor latency.
I will try using only one stick for sure, but earlier I had only 8 GBs and the problem was still there.