Question Fluctuating Internal Storage use when Google Duo is used

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2019
I have a Samsung S9. I'm currently using 29.7GB of the available 64GB on my phone. My issue is that when using Google Duo for video chat with my boyfriend who lives 4 hours away, I will very often get a message that my internal storage space is running low. Sometimes it will shortly after that, kick us off.

After getting the message, I check my storage, and sure enough, it says that I'm using 62.5GB or more, even though I cannot find what is using all of that space. The next day, it will have dropped back down to the true amount used, which I keep between 28-35GB.

This most consistently happens with the use of Duo, but I have had it happen randomly on other occasions with no connection to that app.

I don't understand what's causing this fluctuation.

Lutfij

Titan
You may want to see if other app's, when used, give off the same issue. Also, have you tried uninstalling Google Duo and reinstalling it from the app store? It's been known in the past that some updated apps come out half baked and later updates iron out the issues.

Sep 23, 2019
You may want to see if other app's, when used, give off the same issue. Also, have you tried uninstalling Google Duo and reinstalling it from the app store? It's been known in the past that some updated apps come out half baked and later updates iron out the issues.

I haven't experienced the issue with any other apps at all.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it. We'll see if that helps.

It doesn't happen all the time, so if this has helped I may not be able to tell for a while.

Thank you for your suggestions. :)

popatim

Titan
If I rememvber right and if it is still there - it in you Phones settings > Apps > Duo > Permissions .
Unchecking storage also means no more recordings of it kept in your google account but I suspect the data still flows thru google servers.

Sep 23, 2019
If I rememvber right and if it is still there - it in you Phones settings > Apps > Duo > Permissions .
Unchecking storage also means no more recordings of it kept in your google account but I suspect the data still flows thru google servers.

I checked, and storage permission was already turned off, so that's not the problem. Thank you for the suggestion though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.