[SOLVED] Folder completely disappeared from Documents on Macbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

laura_1992

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
Hi guys,

I have a 13-inch Macbook Air from mid-2012 running OS X 10.9.5. I don't use it for much other than the Internet and Word and am completely useless with computers, so please forgive my ignorance. I'd really appreciate any thoughts anyone might have on my problem.

My laptop was being a little slow this morning and froze when I was trying to open Word, so I rebooted it. When it restarted, I was unable to find my main current documents folder (it was saved under Documents, rather than on the Desktop). I move old files out every now and again, and this was a folder I created a couple of months ago with all of my most recent documents. It's not in the Trash (which is empty) and I haven't been able to recover it by any means I've tried based on advice found through Google (including 'Minitool Mac data Recovery'). Also, none of my other folders or files appear to be missing - just this one.

I seem to have exhausted my options based on my own very limited knowledge and the help of Google, so I wondered if anyone else had experienced something similar or had any idea of other solutions I could try. Or is it gone forever? I'd be so grateful for any help at all.

Thank you,

Laura

laura_1992

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016

Hi, thanks for your response!

Yep I've searched every file name I can remember. It seems to have completely vanished, it's so strange! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.