Follow-Up Chrome Games: Google to Lock Your Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]working1[/nom]I can't see any good in this game & neither could any one else. That's why they went into Administration.[/citation]

What are you talking about?

x Heavy

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
If that is true moricon, are we not then at war with a machine written by those who wish to control our actions with the mouse? It is easier to feed people something that tastes awful in form of a game.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
[citation][nom]working1[/nom]I can't see any good in this game & neither could any one else. That's why they went into Administration.[/citation]

I agree, my only problem is the way they compared the empire state building to how single mum's bring up their children wasn't ethical - perhaps they could change this in the next patch.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
They should force an escape key in that thats standard in the api, who wants add in the future that you can only bypass by typing in a brand for instance to unlock the mouse pointer!? When goggle does it i get suspicious as their main revenue is adds...

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I'm thinking more people should read the article they are commenting on instead of reading the title and posting what they believe the article to be about...and it being incorrect.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]rubix_1011[/nom]I'm thinking more people should read the article they are commenting on instead of reading the title and posting what they believe the article to be about...and it being incorrect.[/citation]

I think not! I rather enjoy reading the foolish comments of know it all's who just read the title and try to comment on the articles as seen below.

I can't help but chuckle at this nonsensical comment or at the posters expense. We should also not thumb them down, we should thumb them up! Just like how we cheer on the idiot about to do something incredibly stupid that will no doubt end in failure and pain. We get a good laugh, they are too stupid to learn anything. Everybody wins!

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Lock my mouse, steal my identity, auto update my apps and OS. Whatever. Those are the price you have to pay when your an internet junky.

To all the tinfoil hats out there: imagine playing a windowed game that requires the mouse as controller; every time you move the mouse outside the game's window border, you essentially lose control of your game. Then you will run back to Google crying why did they not include a mouse locking key combo to prevent that?
That's what this is about. Now go back to your conspiracy theories.

Also, just ignore the sensationalistic title and subtitle of this article, as Gruener is well knows to kinda hate on anything not fruit-related. If one looks ONLY at the title, one would think that Google is after remote-controlling your peripherals.

G

Just about every 3D game written for a PC platform already does this.

Idiots. One and all.

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
[citation][nom]rubix_1011[/nom]I'm thinking more people should read the article they are commenting on instead of reading the title and posting what they believe the article to be about...and it being incorrect.[/citation]

Boy I was confused for the first 3 comments and I'm still sober!

tychoblu

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Maybe the random posts are making fun of the fact that the story title doesn't make sense.

I had to come read this story just to stop me from wondering what it was about.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]To all the tinfoil hats out there: imagine playing a windowed game that requires the mouse as controller; every time you move the mouse outside the game's window border, you essentially lose control of your game. Then you will run back to Google crying why did they not include a mouse locking key combo to prevent that? That's what this is about. Now go back to your conspiracy theories.[/citation]

i play almost every game windowed now, and i have to say, every game i have that is correctly coded has a way for the mouse to unlock without a ctrl+tab

now i can see an ad or someone being a completed douche programming an as/page that locks the mouse, and has no interrupt so you have to go to a basic os function, such as ctrl+tab alt+ctrl+esc or ctrl+alt+delete (one of them may be wrong, as i haven't had to uses it sense win 98)

now the point is, they are adding mouse locking, without forcing a standard way to unlock...

picture this.

a program that acts like a virus, executes itself and deletes everything that isnt locked by the os or even os critical things that just arent locked, and are mostly unnecessary for boot up.

most people who know tech could get out of that fast enough to stop any real damage, but people who don't? imagine if the program had a game attached, to distract them from losing all their files...

now please don't tell me that it can never happen, because we all know it can, and most people aren't against the locking itself, but that there is no forced method to unlock.

arlandi

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2007
this is great. in the future we will have to consider another platform for PC Gaming instead of just Windows. but we still have to see whether HTML5 based will be as fast as native code.

for those of you that haven't read the draft, it specifies a requirement of having a standard way to unlock the mouse.
the link to that draft is up there under title of this article. it says "source: Google", go ahead click it and read.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]arlandi[/nom]this is great. in the future we will have to consider another platform for PC Gaming instead of just Windows. but we still have to see whether HTML5 based will be as fast as native code.for those of you that haven't read the draft, it specifies a requirement of having a standard way to unlock the mouse.the link to that draft is up there under title of this article. it says "source: Google", go ahead click it and read.[/citation]

i understand very little of what is worte about in that doc, if its true, than great, a bit of my above statement can be retracted.

is there any way to exit out completely, and in stop the c++ from running at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.