[SOLVED] Followed Tutorial and PC Runs TERRIBLE NOW!

Cheat_

Reputable
Jan 15, 2017
I followed this tutorial to the T and saw others who did and it worked well for them but for me, well it slams my CPU to 100% when anything happens in games, it stutters, basically renders my computer useless for gaming at the moment and so far I have around 3-4 TB of data that I don't want to backup or even on my SSD I have around 400GB I don't want to backup, even then I don't know if it will even work the same again if I reinstall windows, any sort of help would be great!!!

Video I followed

Here are my specs
i7 4790
Some dell mobo
Crucial 2x8 1600 MHz DDR3
Gigabyte Windforce OC 1060 6GB
DIERYA 60% Cherry MX Brown
Corsair H55 Water Cooler
Dell Monitor | Sceptre 165 hz
Corsair CX 500w PSU
4.5tb of Hard Drives | 480GB Samsung 860 EVO
Thermaltake H17 Versa
Windows 10 Home
Corsair Harpoon RGB | Razer Deathadder Elite

Solution
  1. The vast majority of tutorials like that are complete junk.
  2. Unless you can manually walk back ALL the changes you did, you're looking at a complete reinstall.
  3. Why don't you have a backup of your data? What would you do if a drive died?

USAFRet

Titan
  2. Unless you can manually walk back ALL the changes you did, you're looking at a complete reinstall.

Solution

Cheat_

Reputable
Jan 15, 2017
I don't see a way I can manually undo everything, time to backup all my important game files and photoshop work onto my 3tb drive, I'll make sure to take more precaution in the future, thank you for the reply.

Cheat_

Reputable
Jan 15, 2017
Also where would you recommend backing up all my data to. One drive or any other software? Also yeah it's stupid of me to not make a backup but like 3.5-4tb to backup is a lot.

Cheat_

Reputable
Jan 15, 2017
"where" all depends on what is available to you.
4TB to OneDrive is going to be a looooooooong process (if you even have access to that much online space).
True, to be honest I'll probably get a few extra drives and just every so often backup to them and throw them in a closet or something till I feel that they're a little outdated.

ionutnedelcu

Reputable
Oct 5, 2018
Also where would you recommend backing up all my data to. One drive or any other software? Also yeah it's stupid of me to not make a backup but like 3.5-4tb to backup is a lot.
I use google drive to back up anything important, their subscription isn't too expensive. Alternatively, if you have the funds, a NAS would be the best solution.