Question Fonts missing on a lot of websites

Oct 29, 2021
On multiple websites, the font isn't working properly and reverts to what I assume is the placeholder for broken fonts. A lot of these issues have come from Google's websites, but I've noticed it happening on a couple other sites (I'd rather not name them, in case that's not allowed or something.

kanewolf

Titan
On multiple websites, the font isn't working properly and reverts to what I assume is the placeholder for broken fonts. A lot of these issues have come from Google's websites, but I've noticed it happening on a couple other sites (I'd rather not name them, in case that's not allowed or something.
Multiple browsers or one specific? Have you tested multiple browsers?

Sometimes its not a missing font but it is an unsupported character code page for specific characters. A website may be expecting unicode character support rather than standard ASCII characters supported by the default font you have selected in your browser. You may be able to change your browser default font setting to a font which supports more extensive alternate character codes, but since I don't use Firefox I can't help with that. Unfortunately Windows does not make it easy to determine which fonts support extended characters. You have to open the Character Map accessory, select a font, check to see that Unicode is selected and then scroll down the list of characters. Some fonts have more extensive unicode tables than others.

Oct 29, 2021
Sometimes its not a missing font but it is an unsupported character code page for specific characters. A website may be expecting unicode character support rather than standard ASCII characters supported by the default font you have selected in your browser. You may be able to change your browser default font setting to a font which supports more extensive alternate character codes, but since I don't use Firefox I can't help with that. Unfortunately Windows does not make it easy to determine which fonts support extended characters. You have to open the Character Map accessory, select a font, check to see that Unicode is selected and then scroll down the list of characters. Some fonts have more extensive unicode tables than others.
I should have clarified; Firefox has been working without issue for about a year, the issue is very recent.

Oct 29, 2021
This Happened to me and i tried many browser and also install many fonts but nothing work. So went to safe mode and delete most of the font which was not necessary for windows and this fixed my issue.