[SOLVED] For a new build will a Ryzen 7 5800x work out of the box for my Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite V2 Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

friendlyJai

Honorable
Aug 8, 2015
I am building a new system and the parts are on there way so just making preperations so am all set to go when everything arrives. The parts for the build are as follows :-

Case : Cougar MX660 Mesh RGB Tempered Glass Mid Tower Case

Motherboard : Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite V2

CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

GPU : ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3070 Ti AMP Extreme Holo

Memory : ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 16GB (2x 8GB) 3200MHz DDR4 RAM

PSU : MSI MPG A850GF UK 850W 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular PSU Power Supply

CPU Cooler : be quiet! BK022 Dark Rock Pro 4, 250W TDP, CPU cooler

Plus extra 120mm fans (3 intakes from front, 1 outtake back and 2 outtakes top)

Storage : Patriot P210 256GB 2.5" SATA 3 Solid State Drive, 256GB Capacity, SATA III Interface
Plus three of my existing 8TB 3.5 Hard Drives

Windows 10 Pro

I have seen videos stating that the BIOS may need flashing straight away with the Q-Flash button to support the Ryzen Processor. However the videos are a year or two old so wondering if mine is supported now right out the box? On the Gigabyte website it states that it supports Ryan 5000 series so not sure if that means will work straight away or still needs flashing.

I am planning on updated the BIOS if a later one is available anyway but was hoping could get it all installed first then do it on the BIOS Screen rather than use the button.

My question also is will I need to go out and buy an older USB stick for it to work as according to the videos it can be rather picky. I have a 64GB USB 3.0 so wondering if I need a USB 2.0.

Thanks in advance

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution

friendlyJai

Honorable
Aug 8, 2015
Thankyou. I will go out and get another USB stick and then download the Bios in the link. So not received delivery yet as had a problem with the address but gives me time to order the new stick. Thanks again

Jul 30, 2022
The website shows you need Version F10 of the bios to use CPU, the release version is F1

Yes, you probably need to buy a USB stick to use Q Flash + USB slot on back of board.
I would get a 16gb USB 3 USB stick, USB sticks over 32gb in size use Exfat format instead of FAT and may not work with the BIOS
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-ELITE-V2-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios
I would grab F14
Could you please kindly explain why F14? Im having some crazy issues that are happening and ive got the same cpu and motherboard and i updated the bios to f10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS