'For Honor' PC Hardware Requirements Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

4745454b

Titan
Thank you Ubisoft! I really wish more companies would do this. With the rise of 2k and 4k monitors I've been wondering when we would see the suggested specs comes with resolution sizes. For people wanting to know what they need for the different sized monitors out there this will be a big help.

Jim90

Distinguished
If the recommended setting gives "1080p, 60 fps at Ultra settings" then it would be good for enthusiasts (/folk with > to >>> recommended specs) to let them know how much eye candy extras (in particular) can be gained. >60fps should also be hoped for but have Ubisoft capped the frame rate?
It would be good for all (consumers, gfx card makers, etc) to know that games developers are still supporting high end systems, and hopefully including higher def textures and not simply up-scaling.

LeVsKaR

Honorable
May 27, 2013
I am pretty confident that the Ultra ones have an error. I mean, I do like my GTX760 but it is not even near the class of 680, 970 and 1060, did they perhaps mean 960? It just seems implausible a 760 to be able to run it at Ultra 1080p60fps to me at least

Poozle

Reputable
May 9, 2015
The game is easy enough to run, dont worry about it. No FPS was capped in beta I played and it played well on my 970m and desktop 980ti for 1080p and 1440p respectively.

alexandergc

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
There seems to be an error in the article.

In the text, you say that the Recommended settings are for 1080@60FPS High.
In the table, it's 1080@60FPS Ultra.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
Finally it is either Ubisoft hired a guy who really know about PC hardware to write system requirement or Intel stopped paying Ubisoft to only suggest the newest Intel CPU in the system requirement section.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
Ubi... I always think they have gone out of business.
Last Ubi game I played was Assassins Creed.
Last Ubi game I bought was HOMM5.
I do remember buying something on Steam and it said it was installing Uplay, I was like WTF is this? Looked at it, uninstalled and refunded the game. I'm not putting more junkware on my PC.

Uplay offers unique rewards and achievements for Ubisoft's loyal customers. It's a system that just isn't possible on Steam.

Anyway, I've been playing the beta this weekend. The game looks impressive and runs really well. Enabling the super-sampling option reduces my framerate by about 70% so I'm definitely leaving that one off.

It's incredibly fun and visceral combat like I have never experienced before. If I were better at the game, it'd be a definite purchase. I am definitely finding it to be too difficult for me, so I won't be spending money just to be frustrated. I wouldn't change a thing about it though in that regard, as there's plenty of more casual titles to romp around in.

Jesse_79

Commendable
Feb 10, 2017
If a video card is not listed, does that mean the game doesn't even support it? I have an HD6770M 2GB on my old gaming laptop, which runs other modern games (like Dark Souls 3) on minimum settings at >30fps. I'd like to know if For Honor even recognizes the drivers? If this possible? Thanks for any help!

4745454b

Titan
It would. The cards listed are examples of the power needed in the card you have. If they list X card, any cards around that performance level will be fine. So if the minimum needed is the GTX950, the GTX960 will be fine, as would the 1050. As would the AMD 270, etc.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador

People always moaning, moaning and moaning.

And moaning whilst actually unaware and clueless aswell, just makes it a lot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.