How To For those who have annoying always on fans [!]

Aurumaker72

Reputable
Sep 29, 2019
FAN ALWAYS ON
Many of us have the fans which are always on, mostly seen on HP Laptops by default.
The fans usually don't need to be running: especially when just working in the office.
This is how you fix it.

How to fix:
(HP LAPTOPS) - Reboot laptop, spam the ESC key and you will get into a menu, choose the system settings and search for the option called "Fan always on" and turn it off. This is just a quick guide, for a indepth explanation i recommend searching for your laptop type and then fan always on fix.

(OTHER) - You should use the Windows 10 UEFI Firmware settings menu. This is too complicated to explain here, just search your laptop manufacturer name and fan always on fix.

[ADDITIONAL FIXES] HP only, please deactivate the "HP Coolsense" feature if you do not move your laptop around often: it eats up your CPU and makes your fan randomly spool up if you move it ever so slightly.

Hope this could help you!
This is my first how to i ever made on this site so please exuse me for any stupidity shown!

Aurumaker72

Reputable
Sep 29, 2019
Thank you for sharing. Now we just need an HP system user to come along to confirm.

No problem, i'm here to help people go through stuff that i went through: i don't want them to suffer and waste their time. I use a HP Laptop and this is the way i do it, and it works very well. The laptop also never overheats and it's now a bit better at gaming since sometimes the fan is not on and gives more voltage to other components and helps them perform. For those who think it's dangerous and the CPU or stuff can melt i say this: the sensor manages everything if something goes wrong, usually the fan should only be off when doing light work like browsing the web or playing lightweight games.
Have a nice day!