Force to upgrade due bottleneck

PatoDel

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016
Recently my graphic card broke so i bought a gtx1070, it has a subpar performance beacause of the old hardware (i guess), what components would you recomend to buy? the main use of this pc is gaming and watching movies.

Current setup

cpu amd 8120 (not overclocked)
motherboard croshair v formula
power supply CM power silent pro gold 800w
ram corsair vengeance 2x8gb

Thanks

PatoDel

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016

I live in a country where the price is subject of multiple taxes so i couldnt name a budget cause it would be almost double comparing it with US or europe prices. I wouldnt buy highest tier but i would like to be cool for a couple of years

The best upgrade without changing platform or MB would be the FX-8350 at 4GHz and TDP of 120W.

You would have to upgrade your MB to Crosshair V Formula Z for the FX 9590 and not worth it.

If you wish to OC then an AIO water cooler would be required and would provide the performance you require.
Your PSU is adequate and so are your current DIMMs.

PatoDel

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016

Since i have already spent in the 1070 i would like to update the other components to high tier (not the BEST but high)

List the other components you wish to upgrade as what has been said is as far as you can go without changing platform.

Should you wish to go Intel then that would incur considerable cost for a new CPU and MB.

PatoDel

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016

Which motherboard would you recommend? I would like to be cool for a couple of years

TRENDING THREADS