Question forced to go backward in time

Tabstract Studio

Prominent
Mar 24, 2020
I am forced to abandon upgrading to the 21st century. My thoughts are to get a Ryzen 5 3400g. My original intent was to use my X470s, pack it w/ 32 or 64gb RAM(3200), use a combo SSD and HDD and find a rtx 3060 gpu for art production and photo editing (very large files). I have had everything but the GPU. There seems to be no end in sight for finding any GPUw/o paying scalper prices and they seem to get more expensive w/ each passing week. I have decided to protect my sanity and scale back on the projects I wanted to do.
If scaled back dramatically, what would be a good MOBO that will allow me to use 32GB my (3200) RAM and use a Ryzen 5 3400G (Vega 11[I can't seem to find any Ryzen 7s]) for my graphics and basic video editing/tendering/encoding or an Intel w/ integrated graphics and forego any GPU whatsoever. I could then sell off my current MOBO's and CPU. I would not bother but it seems that 450, 470 MOBOs lack any useable enough information to choose a very good board. I can probably go back to my FX8350 set-up but I would really be stepping back in time and any video work mute. I have considered also workstation GPUs like the AMD WX7100, WX8200 or a pro dual graphics but then I would have to find editing software that would utilize whatever GPU processing these kinds of cards might have let alone the board and RAM.
I am choosing to ask here before I go tech-free altogether other than my cameras and smartphone and w/ older gear I thought there might be some experience amongst you fine people.
I would just devote my efforts to painting canvass. Thank you.

Ralston18

Titan
Indeed a challenging combinations of decisions.

What is forcing you to "abandon upgrading to the 21st century"?

Budget? Lack of product (GPU) availability? Based on what I have read most folks these days are experiencing similar problems.

The starting point, to my way of thinking, begins with what you want to do - your requirements.

Reference:

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/449586-alice-would-you-tell-me-please-which-way-i-ought

That is, more or less, the philosophical side of things.

Technically, you are left with first determining the software requirements for your artistic work.

Most software applications have a listing of hardware requirements in the form of minimum, recommended, and best.

You do not want "minimum " and you do want as much "best" as you can afford.

And all you can do with respect to the motherboard is to look at (in detail) what hardware (CPU, GPU, and RAM) is supported by that motherboard.

You may or may not be able to reuse existing components or use those components at higher performance levels.

You are an artist. Art existed long before current technology. Technology is only a tool. It does not improve art.

I am always amazed by artists from monkeys to elephants who gain a following (and buyer's) by literally throwing paint on canvas.

I think and believe that if you simply learn to work with what you have the end results are likely to be better.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

PS: scaling back is not a defeat or failure. Read a few books about the conquests (?) of Mount Everest for perspective.