Ford to Build Biometric Sensors as Driver Assistance System

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
It's fairly obvious the most desired implementations of this technology, if fit reaches implementation, will be from MADD and the like for killing the engine if the driver is drunk, or sleeping. The ultimate will probably need that you go to your local dealer and get your biometric signature registered in your car so that all you need to start/drive it is to get into it, and potentially prevent anyone from stealing it.

juanc

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
I'm stuck in traffic... waiting. So the system believes I'm stressed and it kills an incoming call, and I loose business. Thanks FORD. I think someone is going to sue you.

Ford, you have it backwards. I want the car to drive itself so that I can take the phone call. Don't block an important call so that I can drive better!

[citation][nom]dextermat[/nom]In the 90's they said we would have flying cars by the year 2000....We live on a throne of lies!!!!! lol[/citation]
Well, they made flying cars by the year 2000. Problem is that it becomes an aircraft, you need a pilots liscense, and the 'car' needs to be taken completely apart every year for inspection (and the owner gets to pay for that inspection too). So ya... you can buy a flying car, but nobody can afford to keep it flying.

fimbulvinter

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
[citation][nom]juanc[/nom]I'm stuck in traffic... waiting. So the system believes I'm stressed and it kills an incoming call, and I loose business. Thanks FORD. I think someone is going to sue you.[/citation]

Loose business is the worst. Keep it on a leash!

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]dextermat[/nom]In the 90's they said we would have flying cars by the year 2000....We live on a throne of lies!!!!! lol[/citation]

I can live without flying cars for awhile. Our current World with God awful drivers is not ready for it yet!!!

[citation][nom]CaedenV[/nom]Ford, you have it backwards. I want the car to drive itself so that I can take the phone call.[/citation]
Brilliant. You've identified the user-friendly solution, not the easy tech fix. If only more product designers thought with this end forward.

On the other hand, "Driver is stressed. Eject parent-in-law!"

Status
Not open for further replies.