Format my old internal hard disk!!

Sathya Prakash

Reputable
May 17, 2015
I have purchased a new 1tb hard disk which I'm currently using it on windows 8.1, but still my older hard disk contains windows xp which i need to format it and install windows 7 . when i tried to connect my older hard disk in the new pc it beeps out loudly in fear i removed it again i tried but the same result existed and the boot up was not possible . I need to format my old PC and install windows 7 on it using my new PC please help me out guys!!

SBMfromLA

Distinguished
You could try a trick I always use when I have a second/spare hard drive that has an O/S installed onto it.

What I do is.. I plug in that old hard drive and unplug the GOOD one temporarily and boot from my Windows DVD and proceed to the screen where you install Windows and then choose the Advanced Options. One there I simply DELETE the partition of the old hard drive and select the option to Format the drive... Once that is done... I do NOT proceed any further I just exit out of all that... shut down my computer and plug my O/S hard drive back in... and I have a cleaned and ready to use hard drive waiting for me.

Welcome to the community, Sathya Prakash!

What @SBMfromLA suggested is pretty accurate. You should try it.
Another thing you can do is simply use your Windows 7 installation media on your old PC and perform the clean install. It will format the drive during the process and deleting your old Windows XP OS as well. I don't think you need to use your new PC to do that. Why would you need it for this procedure?

Hope this helps. Keep us posted! :)
SuperSoph_WD