[SOLVED] Format SSD with OS from Another Computer with its own OS

markgerardpelaez

Prominent
Nov 7, 2018
I have an SSD that has OS in it. The problem is, im stuck with Preparing Automatic Repair Black Screen Forever even if Bootable USB is already installed. When I removed the SSD and left the HDD, i got to Windows installation. Now I suspect that there's a corrupted file in that SSD.

Now may question, can I put this SSD with OS in it to a another computer and format/delete the contents of SSD from there?

Last edited:
Solution
Now may question, can I put this SSD with OS in it to a another computer and format/delete the contents of SSD from there?
Yes but be careful,you need to look at the bios settings and put the SSD on some port the bios is not booting from.
This is also the problem you have now,you have to go into the bios and tell it to start from the USB and not from the hard drive,it was starting from the corrupted SSD which is why it was trying to repair,you took out the SSD so the bios went to the next in line which was the HDD that has no OS so the bios skipped that and went to the next in line which was the USB,you need to make the USB be the first in line.
Yes but be careful,you need to look at the bios settings and put the SSD on some port the bios is not booting from.
This is also the problem you have now,you have to go into the bios and tell it to start from the USB and not from the hard drive,it was starting from the corrupted SSD which is why it was trying to repair,you took out the SSD so the bios went to the next in line which was the HDD that has no OS so the bios skipped that and went to the next in line which was the USB,you need to make the USB be the first in line.

Solution