Formatted and reinstalled windows 7 on intel ssd and getting the same problem again

lunabird

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014
I have an intel 250gb SSD and I'm getting the same problem again. It will not boot windows. I get the message "Reboot and Select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I tried unplugging the other two hard drives but I still get that message. I'm using my old storage harddrive to load windows and the the SSD is letter G now and I can access it. I used intel SSD toolbox and nothing is wrong with it. I don't get it. I JUST formatted it and reinstalled windows like a week ago.

I have Asus p8Z77-V LK motherboard

Solution
This is kind of kitchen sink but to make sure that drive is selected as the boot drive place it one SATA port 1 and then in BIOS make sure it's set it as the first drive in your drive list, and also make sure it is first in boot priority. If it won't boot that way then try 'startup repair' from the Windows DVD.

lunabird

Reputable
Apr 18, 2014

Yes. I unplugged the other harddrives and my dvd drive so that the SSD was the only option and I still get that message. With my other harddrives plugged in, the SSD gets skipped and windows boots from my old harddrive. I wold like another solution besides formatting and reinstalling windows all over again because this problem is just going to happen again after 1 or 2 weeks.

This is kind of kitchen sink but to make sure that drive is selected as the boot drive place it one SATA port 1 and then in BIOS make sure it's set it as the first drive in your drive list, and also make sure it is first in boot priority. If it won't boot that way then try 'startup repair' from the Windows DVD.

Solution