[SOLVED] Formatted SSD

Jun 20, 2021
Hi i recently bought a new computer but to save money when buying I left the option for a 256gb NVME rather than spend the money since I already have a 1TB SSD, when I put the SSD in the computer turn it on and try to boot from a USB with windows on it, I don't see the 1TB ssd on the list I only see the NVME. But if I run windows on the NVME I can see the 1TB SSD on my list and I can also see it in the Disk manager. I reformated it and it says New Volume (X:) 930.99 GB NTFS Healthy.

I am decent with computers but this has me pulling my hair out, any help would be great thank you.

Solution
Hi i recently bought a new computer but to save money when buying I left the option for a 256gb NVME rather than spend the money since I already have a 1TB SSD, when I put the SSD in the computer turn it on and try to boot from a USB with windows on it, I don't see the 1TB ssd on the list I only see the NVME. But if I run windows on the NVME I can see the 1TB SSD on my list and I can also see it in the Disk manager. I reformated it and it says New Volume (X:) 930.99 GB NTFS Healthy.

I am decent with computers but this has me pulling my hair out, any help would be great thank you.
  1. When you install the OS, you really really need ONE and only one drive connected.
  2. On many motherboards, use of an NVMe drive in an M.2 port...

USAFRet

Titan

1. When you install the OS, you really really need ONE and only one drive connected.
  2. On many motherboards, use of an NVMe drive in an M.2 port will disable one or more SATA ports on the motherboard.
  3. A 256GB drive is not necessarily "too small.', when used in conjunction with another drive to put other stuff on.

Solution