Former Activision SVP Joins Oculus VR Team as COO

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolley74

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2011
my only worry is this thing is REALLY close to your eyes, i know LCDs have drastically been easier on the eyes but this is reallllyyy close

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Wolley74[/nom]my only worry is this thing is REALLY close to your eyes, i know LCDs have drastically been easier on the eyes but this is reallllyyy close[/citation]

You have to wear them to really be able appreciate the way it focuses. At least that's my understanding.

[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]this thing is looking better and better day by day. i might be an early adopter, and this may even help pc gaming rise to the top![/citation]

Or could be largely on use by the masses.
I really hope that the arduous rift and other headmounted displays are staple feature of the next generation of consoles. If only for the fact that if they are on the console they will be on the PC to. As it stands I really really want one but I'm almost afraid that it's never to be used properly, I know doing three I know that new space game, and I know valve is working on it, but what other corporations are really taking in the oculus rift as a staple product.

I just really hope that the consoles get this.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Add there dual camera over the eyes to let the world come in, and hand/finger position sensing, and overlay UI to the world. One can dream, no?

unwanted

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
While looking at a monitor you're eys are focused at between 30 - 90cm. With the RIFT your're eyes are focused almost at infinity, which is much closer to a you're normal resting focus position so it actually causes less eye-strain looking at the RIFT then looking at a monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS