News Former EKWB Employees say company has racist, hostile work environment, withholds overtime pay

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
This whole debacle makes me sad. I love custom water cooling my rigs niche as it is but EKWB has lost my buisness for the foreseeable future. They were pioneers back in the day and now they have become a poster child of what not to do. I hate to see a niche market like custom water cooling take a hit but from the sound of things...EKWB did this to themselves.

Apr 24, 2024
Trash talk is all you can. You have interviewed the alleged victims, but not the alleged perpetrators.
Anyhow it's obvious certain entities wanted to harm ekwb and succeeded in doing so.
Too bad people are sheep and blindly decide to punish the alleged perpetrators.
In the end the US company was its own entity. How you can loose inventory should be cleared up before pointing fingers, the same applies to the alleged work ethics, which again normally stem from the regional management.

Reactions: camtasia_kid
I'm guessing they have a culture of just grabbing stuff off the shelf and telling the computer later that they took it. This ALWAYS leads to increasingly worse inventory counts and control.

This is the perfect environment for thefts to occur. Especially if they are stiffing employees on their paychecks.

Though with their bills being that overdue its also likely that vendors are not sending them completed orders but were billing them for the full amount. So accounting could be recording 50 units when really only 25 were physically sent.

Reactions: camtasia_kid
becasue if you ask a company if they are doing stuff they'd get in trouble for....they are gonna admit it?

no.

and its not just 1 or 2 ppl..the accusations are many and theres given how theres proof of them trying to silence people for talking bad about company you have a solid reason to believe the victims over the comapny.

In the end the US company was its own entity. How you can loose inventory should be cleared up before pointing fingers, the same applies to the alleged work ethics, which again normally stem from the regional management.
you forget the fact that main branch basically shafted US branch and (iirc)gave them no way to succeed in end going as far as to take actual profit to meet sales goals at times. (was mentioned in the GN video about it)

If it was 1 or 2 accusations i'd of given em benefit of doubt but its too many to be baseless.

Reactions: atomicWAR

doughillman

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
Trash talk is all you can. You have interviewed the alleged victims, but not the alleged perpetrators.
Anyhow it's obvious certain entities wanted to harm ekwb and succeeded in doing so.
Geez, now Edvard's mom is creating accounts to comment.

BeedooX

Reputable
Apr 27, 2020
Reading the article, it talks about belittling staff by calling them lazy and stupid. Well maybe that's the truth. I work with some people I would fire in a heartbeat for being utterly useless - but that's not the "inclusive" way now is it. If I told them they were useless, they'd probably complain and get me fired.

camtasia_kid

Reputable
Aug 4, 2019
Reading the article, it talks about belittling staff by calling them lazy and stupid. Well maybe that's the truth. I work with some people I would fire in a heartbeat for being utterly useless - but that's not the "inclusive" way now is it. If I told them they were useless, they'd probably complain and get me fired.
Well said. "Diversity" has destroyed the workforce, our Nations, and The West. The Slovenians likely had 30-40% higher IQ, higher integrity and impulse control than the "diverse" Texans. We fought on the wrong side in WW II.

Reactions: endocine

endocine

Honorable
Aug 27, 2018
You could talk to 10 different people and get 10 different perspectives about work place culture. Of course the people who were "wronged" are going to be very vocal about what was said to them.

Nov 14, 2023
Well said. "Diversity" has destroyed the workforce, our Nations, and The West. The Slovenians likely had 30-40% higher IQ, higher integrity and impulse control than the "diverse" Texans. We fought on the wrong side in WW II.
As someone who’s lived in Texas my entire life, this comment is not only blatantly racist, but incredibly stupid. For one, there’s no evidence whatsoever that the Slovenians had a higher IQ than the Texan workers. You’re obviously making that assumption because they’re European. However, all the evidence released so far (and even the admission of the CEO himself) indicate this was a company-wide problem that had to come directly from the top. Integrity? It wasn’t the workers who prevented the payment of employees and suppliers. Second, “we fought on the wrong side in WW II”? Do you even know anything about WW2? WW2 history is one of my minor passions and I’d love for you to justify why we should have fought on the side of a genocidal, tyrannical regime. Let’s hear it. Go ahead and complete your disgusting racism if you’re going to hint at it. I’m ashamed and saddened to see this on Tom’s Hardware.

Reactions: Crazyy8

Crazyy8

Proper
Sep 22, 2023
Second, “we fought on the wrong side in WW II”? Do you even know anything about WW2? WW2 history is one of my minor passions and I’d love for you to justify why we should have fought on the side of a genocidal, tyrannical regime. Let’s hear it. Go ahead and complete your disgusting racism if you’re going to hint at it. I’m ashamed and saddened to see this on Tom’s Hardware.
Agreed. Why the heck would we side with people who killed millions just because they had a different religion or ethnic background. That aside, It's management's responsibility for keeping things in order. If the software is trash, management is to blame, not the 9 to 5 that is forced to use the software.

Co BIY

Splendid
In general Eastern Europe is known for low levels of business transparency and high levels of corruption. I rarely see Slovenia in a Top 10 lists of best places to do business in. The culture is much more one of "What can you get away with?". This story is not changing that understanding.

Once a company has trouble paying suppliers and employees and deals with it in any way less than 100% honesty or transparency it is time to leave or do business on an "immediate cash" only basis.

Once bills don't get paid or paychecks are deliberately shorted then the other side of the deal (Supplier or employee) will often "make adjustments" in response. Suppliers will short or delay shipments, Invoices could become less accurate. Employees will pad timesheets or work less while on the clock. Some may "liquidate a company asset" in a self-help bankruptcy settlement.

Last edited:

Co BIY

Splendid

From the article (Since that's all we have to go on) I doubt the "two" diverse employees were dragging the whole place down.

In this case it sounds like the very remote management wasn't getting the bills paid, deliberately screwed people over on pay and then wanted to call people lazy for being unmotivated.

In my experience, management is kind of a pain when they are doing their jobs well. They are totally enraging when they are not. When managing I try to keep that in mind.

endocine

Honorable
Aug 27, 2018
Agreed. Why the heck would we side with people who killed millions just because they had a different religion or ethnic background. That aside, It's management's responsibility for keeping things in order. If the software is trash, management is to blame, not the 9 to 5 that is forced to use the software.
Defeating the Axis powers eliminated the enemy of the Soviet Union which quickly turned on the "West" and created the cold war, and all the hot ones since including the current conflict in Ukraine. It also ended Imperial Japan, and allowed China to become what it is. The more recent intervention in Iraq also allowed Iran to turn it into a proxy state, and now there's major problems throughout the middle east. Interference, however seemingly justified at the time creates lots of unforeseen consequences.